In 2021, Focal Naim America announced the beginning of its “Mixed On Focal” program. The program consists of a series of playlists that showcase the true sound of music as the artist, mix engineer, producer, and record label originally intended.
Continuing with the program Focal Naim has released its fourth “Mixed on Focal” playlist. This new HD Audio 23-track streaming playlist includes music from Drake’s latest album Honestly, Nevermind mixed on Focal Trio11 monitors.
All four “Mixed on Focal” playlists released so far are available today on Apple Music, Qobuz, Tidal, and Amazon Music HD. Focal Naim is expected to release more playlists.
With Spotify set to release its HiFi-Audio tier (we have been waiting for over a year!), Focal Naim also making the Spotify option available with all four playlists (even though Spotify’s Hi-Fi listening option isn’t available yet).
Mixed-on Focal high-resolution audio playlists are available to Focal HI-FI and Pro Audio dealers, as well as the media and current and prospective customers. Whether it be in a HI-FI or Pro Audio dealer demonstration, or their home or recording studio using Focal speakers, the music will sound as the artist intended since each song was mixed on Focal loudspeakers.
Tip: The playlists can also be accessed by any streaming music listener that subscribes to the streaming services they are available on, and if you have Focal speakers and a Naim audio system all the better.
Some highlights of recording artists, songs, and sound mixing engineers featured on Playlist #4 include the following:
- Three songs from Drake’s Honestly, Nevermind album: Jimmy Cooks, Flight’s Booked, and Down Hil. The album was mixed by Luca Pretolesi on Focal’s top-of-the-line Trio11 Be pro monitors at his Las Vegas Studio DMI.
- City Girls with Usher Good Love, and Jor’Dan Armstrong’s “In” were mixed by Thomas “Tillie” Mann on Twin6 Be monitors.
- AWOLNATION’s Eye In The Sky features pop superstar Beck. The track was mixed by Eric Stenman on Trio6 Be monitors.
- Adrian Quesada (Black Pumas) mixed Mentiras Con Carino and Eso No Lo Dicho No from his “Boleros Psicodelícos” album on Shape Twin monitors.
- Will Yip mixed L.S. Dunes’ Permanent Rebellion and Mike Pepe mixed tracks from The Higher, Marlhy, and Sundressed on Trio6 monitors. Bobby Campbell & Gerry “The Gov” Brown mixed John Legend’s Tomorrow on Shape 40 monitors.
- Other songs on Playlist #4 are Somebody Needs You (Soul Survivors), The Devil You Know (Hellfire 76), Jenny (Magonia), The Tracing (The Hourglass Effect), Queen of The South (Justin Stewart), and Figures (Gaidaa).
To summarize, the Mix engineers and the speaker monitors they used that are featured on the “Mixed on Focal” playlist #4 include Will Yip (Trio6); Ryan West (Trio6); Adrian Quesada (Shape Twin); Rob Tavaglione (Trio11); Eric Stenman (Trio6); Michael Ramos (Shape Twin); Luca Pretolesi (Trio11); Mike Pepe (Trio6); Thomas “Tillie” Mann (Twin6); Bobby Campbell & Gerry “The Gov” Brown (Shape 40, Trio6); and Jimmy Bralower (Twin6).
The “Mixed on Focal” High-Resolution Audio Playlist #4 can be accessed on the following music streaming services via the provided direct links:
- Apple Music: https://tinyurl.com/43jj7nee
- Tidal: https://bit.ly/3T12TA7
- Qobuz: https://bit.ly/3rSPjCS
- Amazon Music HD: https://tinyurl.com/bdf9j8ak
- Spotify (HiFi Availability TBD): https://spoti.fi/3Da2C8c
From Romain Vet, VP of Marketing & Communications, Focal Naim America: “Mixed on Focal playlists create a perfect way to show off the incredible sound of any Focal speakers,…Listeners want to hear music the way the artist meant their music to sound, and now Focal offers them a way to do that by listening to ‘Mixed on Focal’ high-resolution streaming playlists on Focal speakers — the same quality speakers the songs were mixed on.”
Visit North American distributor Focal Naim America