Over-Ear Headphones Give DJs and Music Lovers Unprecedented Performance, Mobility and Durability for Work and Play
Monster and Beats by Dr. Dre, co-founded by legendary artist and producer Dr. Dre and Interscope Geffen A&M Chairman Jimmy Iovine, announced a revolutionary new addition to their popular headphone family — Beats by Dr. Dre Spin Professional Headphones (SRP: $349). A breakthrough in professional music listening and creative equipment, the Beats Spin headphones were developed through the collaborative efforts of legendary artist and producer Dr. Dre, Monster and Jimmy Iovine.
The new over-ear Beats Spin headphones combine sophisticated construction and advanced sonic technologies to deliver the power, extra durability and sound isolation that until now has been lacking in professional headphones. Beats Spin headphones are tailored for use by working DJs, producers, engineers and musicians, both in the studio and onstage.
Dr. Dre noted: “Our first headphones delivered what we wanted: to hear the music the right way, the way I do. Now we’re introducing headphones that let you use them the way I do. We created headphones that are specifically designed for the people on the frontlines: engineers, producers, djs… I basically wake up with headphones on…. trust me, these are the sh*t.”
“The DJ and recording engineer are ground zero of making and presenting music to the world. We believe we have created the perfect headphone to marry those two worlds,” said Jimmy Iovine, Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records.
Noel Lee, the Head Monster, noted: “To create Beats Spin, Monster and the Beats by Dr. Dre team conducted in-depth research with many of the industry’s top professional recording artists, engineers and DJs to find out just what they wanted in a great headphone. One of the things we heard most from them is that they need a super-durable headphone that could be counted on for repeated use. In addition to making this and other specific professional concerns a top priority, our engineers worked hard to develop a headphone with impeccable sonic performance that would be ideal for everyday use by anybody who is truly serious about their music listening. The result is a first-of-its-kind high-performance headphone with a host of extremely useful innovations that will literally change the way pros think about their headphones and how they use them in their work and their leisure time.”
Beats Spin new and innovative features and capabilities include:
- Unprecedented Durability: To create a headphone capable of standing up to the rigors of rough and repeated professional use, every aspect of Beats Spin headphones was designed for rock-solid durability. Most importantly, all components of the all-important headphone hinge are made of metal, unlike the plastic components used by other pro headphones.
- Sound Isolation: To recreate the quietness of an isolated recording studio listening experience, Beats Spin headphones feature a variety of ambient noise-isolation capabilities, allowing consumers to hear the music clearly, even in the noisiest environments.
- On-the-Fly Mixing and Sharing with Monster Patented Input/Output Jacks: For musicians or engineers working in the studio, as well as DJs spinning in a club, the art of creation involves a great deal of on-the-fly improvisation. That’s why both Beats Spin earpieces feature specially designed Monster patented jacks that can serve as both inputs or outputs. This unique configuration frees users to quickly and easily send and accept signals from a soundboard or share their creative mixes with fellow artists.
- “No More Tangle” Cord Management, Plus ControlTalk: Beats Spin solve the problem of tangled cable with several key modifications. First, they feature a long 6-foot cord, and unlike many professional headphone models, which utilize 9- or 12-inch coiled sections, the coiled section of the Beats Spin cable is just 3″ long (expandable to 1-foot). This allows users just the right amount of coil for long reaches, but avoids the high tangle properties of longer coil cables. Beats Spin also offer a second cord option for added flexibility in everyday use as well — Monster’s super-convenient ControlTalk headphone cable*. ControlTalk can be used with iPhoneTM and iPod for music playback control as well as to take hands-free calls with iPhone and many smartphones. The cable’s integrated high-grade microphone and answer button lets users access their music and answer phone calls without having to reach into their pocketbook, backpack or pocket.
- Comfort: Everything about Beats Spin, from their oversize plush ear cups to their extra wide band are designed for total wearer comfort.
- Ear Cups That Swivel and Can Be Removed for Cleaning. Both ear cups swivel back easily for greater artistic freedom and flexibility and can be easily removed for washing. This same swivel mechanism also plays a role in helping make Beats Spin headphones super compact when folded away for storage
* The ControlTalk remote and mic are supported by iPod nano (4th and 5th generation), iPod classic (120GB), iPod touch (2nd generation), and iPhone 3GS and newer, but not all, Blackberry models. The remote is supported by iPod shuffle (3rd generation). Audio is supported by all iPod models. Requires software version 1.0.3 for iPod nano (4th or 5th generation), 2.0.1 for iPod classic (120GB), and 2.2 or later for iPod touch (2nd generation). Support for Blackberry varies by model. Subject to change.