Marantz announced the HD-AMP1, an elegant compact digital integrated amplifier with USB-DAC engineered to the highest Marantz purist audiophile standards. Building on the success of last year’s HD-DAC1 Headphone Amplifier, the HD-AMP1 was created to serve at the center of a music system. This ultra-high quality amp delivers 2 x 70W from a special switching amplifier circuit, providing amazing sound from all sources including the highest of high resolution audio files.
Housed in an elegant compact chassis that occupies just over 1 square foot of desktop or shelf space, the HD-AMP1 is equipped with multiple digital inputs, including 2 optical, 1 coaxial along with 2 USB ports. It features the ability to decode the latest generation lossless high-resolution audio file types, including WAV, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC at up to 24-bit/192-kHz resolution, along with the ability to play MP3, WMA and AAC tracks. The rear panel USB-B port features advanced noise isolation so users can connect a PC or Mac and stream even higher resolution files, up to 32-bit/384-kHz. The HD-AMP1 is equipped with the reference grade ESS SABRE DAC and dual master clock crystals for the widest bandwidth, highest dynamic range and lowest distortion, and the HD-AMP1 can also play DSD hi-res audio tracks including 2.6/5.2/11.2-MHz.
The HD-AMP1 delivers 2 x 70 W into 4 Ohms; clearly handling even demanding music parts thanks to an ultra-stable power supply and Marantz exclusive Current Feedback technology. The Dual Crystal Clock and a discrete DAC post filter combined with the company’s highly-acclaimed HDAM pre-amplifier modules make standard counted sound feel like high-resolution audio. A high-current audiophile SABRE D/A-Converter with 384kHz/32bit processing capability is able to reproduce even the smallest details with ease.
The HD-AMP1 is the first ever Marantz Hi-Fi product that incorporated the concept of Class-D amplification. Up to now, switching (Class-D) amplifiers had certain limitations which made them unacceptable for demanding Marantz sound engineers to be used in premium Hi-Fi products. Now, the HD-AMP1 combines the unique Marantz HDAM technologies, the Class-D amplifier concept and an overall feedback loop to guarantee a consistent performance with a wide range of loudspeaker types.
The HD-AMP1 is also highly connectable. Featuring two USB ports, one on the front and one on the back, the HD-AMP1 lets users connect their favorite iDevice or USB drive to the front panel USB port, and a PC or Mac to the rear panel USB-B port to stream high resolution audio tracks. In addition it features advanced noise isolation to guard against digital noise from degrading the high-resolution sound. For even more connectivity, Marantz also included two analog inputs. The USB-B works in asynchronous mode to support not only 384kHz/32bits high-resolution audio but also the DSD 2.8MHz, 5.6MHz and even 11.2MHz formats for maximized performance and the most direct way to enjoy excellent quality. To safeguard quality when connected to a computer, Marantz built extended isolation around the USB-B input to eliminate the chance of high frequency noise generated by the computer entering the HD-AMP1.
The compact, elegant chassis features a premium brushed alloy front panel with matching knobs along with our signature Porthole round front panel 2-line OLED display, which features 3 dimming, levels and off. The stylish woodtone side panels add a luxurious touch and the robust chassis features our rugged dual bottom plate construction for maximum rigidity coupled to aluminum alloy chassis feet for maximum vibration resistance.
Price and Availability
The Marantz HD-AMP1 Integrated Amplifier with DAC-mode is expected to be available in January 2016 for $1,099.
- Compact Integrated Amplifier with digital and analog inputs
- High-quality 2x 70W (4 Ohm RMS) switching amplifier
- Marantz Current Feedback technology for detailed, natural sound
- Exclusive Marantz HDAM-SA2 technology
- Marantz Musical Digital Filtering with proprietary DSP filtering and 2 filter options
- Plays lossless WAV, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC file types, up to 24-bit/192-kHz via digital inputs
- Plays lossless WAV, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC file types up to 32-bit/384-kHz via rear USB
- 2x optical, coaxial and USB type B digital inputs capable of 384kHz/32bit high resolution audio including native DSD2.8, DSD5.6 and DSD11.2 support
- Plays 2.6/5.2/11.2-MHz DSD files via rear USB
- Also plays WMA, MP3, AAC tracks
- 2 optical and 1 coaxial digital inputs
- USB-A front panel port and USB-B rear panel port
- USB-B block features advanced noise isolation
- Reference grade ESS SABRE 32-bit/384-kHz DAC
- Dual Clock for high digital accuracy
- Headphone amplifier with HDAM-SA2 and 3 gain/impedance choices
- 2 Analog inputs
- iDevice and USB drive connectivity
- Auto iDevice recharge via front USB
- Marantz SPKT-1 premium speaker connectors
- Available in black