Yamaha just released the $300 RX-V377 5.1-channel home theater receiver, which features a full discrete amp configuration and exclusive Virtual CINEMA FRONT technology that lets consumers place all five speakers at the front of the listening area. This option would be ideal for rooms in which a traditional 5.1 speaker setup is not practical.
Supporting the latest high definition audio and video entertainment formats, the RX-V377 offers 4K Ultra HD video pass-through via HDMI (4 inputs/1 output) and a full complement of HD Audio format decoding, including Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio.
Yamaha’s exclusive YPAO automatic system calibration optimizes speaker placement to create the best possible listening experiences for all content. A convenient front panel USB input provides easy playback and direct digital connectivity to music stored on Apple iPhone and iPod devices, as well as USB drives.
Filling out the full suite of audio features the RX-V377 offers to consumers are CINEMA DSP with 17 DSP programs, SILENT CINEMA, Compressed Music Enhancer, Extra Bass low-range enhancement technology and Adaptive DRC (dynamic range control).
“The RX-V377 delivers uncompromised Yamaha build and sound quality to first time home theater system buyers,” said Bob Goedken, general manager, AV products, Yamaha Corporation of America. “Our new Virtual CINEMA FRONT feature offers increased speaker placement flexibility for achieving 5 channel surround sound in any room, providing expanded speaker placement options for consumers.”
- 5-channel powerful surround sound
- 100 W per channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1-ch driven)
- 70 W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09% THD, 2-ch driven)
- Discrete amp configuration
- HDMI (4 in / 1 out) with 4K Ultra HD pass-through for super high resolution images
- Front panel USB digital connection for iPod and iPhone
- YPAO sound optimization for automatic speaker set up
- Extra Bass enriches powerful bass sound even with small speakers
- Virtual CINEMA FRONT provides virtual surround sound with five speakers in front
- Multilingual color OSD for improved visibility (English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Japanese and Chinese)
- ECO mode operation for about 20 percentage less power consumption
Pricing and Availability
- The Yamaha RX-V377 A/V Receiver is now shipping for $299.95.