Yamaha has released a wireless record player to make vinyl playback flexible and more convenient. The new MusicCast VINYL 500 turntable has the usual phono outputs, plus built-in Wi-Fi to stream vinyl source audio to compatible wireless speakers in your home. It doubles as a statement piece, free to sit on display while retaining all of its functionality and connectivity. No ugly wires necessary.
The Wi-Fi feature of the VINYL 500 makes its wireless capability stand apart from other products on the market. Through this feature, stereo setups are robust and simple to create – connect a pair of wireless MusicCast 20 speakers, or one or two MusicCast 50 speakers, to spin or stream music over a Wi-Fi network, no receiver necessary. For extra bass, add a wireless subwoofer to create a 2.1-channel setup. What’s more, Wi-Fi allows the VINYL 500 to expand a record’s reach beyond a typical single room setup to any room in your home by streaming its tunes to any MusicCast-enabled product. These stereo and multi-room configurations are all controlled by the MusicCast app.
For the music you would rather stream than own, the VINYL 500 comes fully packed with wireless technologies, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay and Spotify Connect. It also supports numerous built-in streaming services, including Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM Internet Radio, TIDAL, Deezer, Napster and thousands of free internet radio stations, all accessible via the MusicCast app. Additionally, the VINYL 500 works with Alexa voice control via any Amazon Echo device for streaming music and controlling multi-room or stereo setups via spoken commands.
“The VINYL 500 is the next-generation turntable that bridges the gap between analog and digital music formats,” said Robert Goedken, general manager, AV division, Yamaha Corporation of America. “With our rich Hi-Fi heritage and legendary reputation for craftsmanship, Yamaha is changing the way people enjoy their music. It’s been 30 years since we introduced a turntable. The MusicCast VINYL 500 reinvents the category.”
- Create a stereo system with MusicCast wireless speakers. Place the turntable and speakers wherever you want.
- Expand to a multi-room audio setup by syncing with MusicCast wireless speakers in other rooms.
- Stream music services with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay or Spotify Connect.
- Yamaha Hi-Fi quality built for accuracy and sonic purity. Perfect for the audiophile or beginner vinyl collector.
- Built-in phono preamp gives you flexibility to connect any audio system, adding streaming service playback to your legacy Hi-Fi system.
- Cartridge – Moving Magnet cartridge for durability and high-output delivery.
- Tone Arm – Static balanced straight tone arm for lightweight effective mass and the right lateral balance. Anti-skate and adjustable counterweight maintain stable tracking.
- Platter – An aluminum platter with a high moment of inertia and felt anti-static mat reduces reverberation.
- Drive – A belt drive which reduces distortion. The high inertia platter is driven by a DC motor with a durable rubber belt to achieve stable rotation.
- Cabinet – Built of material with high internal loss and sound isolation feet to prevent vibration. A piano black gloss finish reminiscent of Yamaha’s premier pianos.
- External DC Power Supply – Cuts AC electronic interference.
Pricing and Availability
- The Yamaha MusicCast VINYL 500 (model TT-N503) turntable is available now in piano black gloss finish for $699.95.