On-Wall / Under Couch Subwoofer
Bluesound, makers of the award-winning, hi-res, wireless, multi-room line of audio players, announced the new PULSE SUB+ to the brand’s high-performance ecosystem. Priced at $749, PULSE SUB+ is an ideal companion to any Bluesound Sound Bar. It improves upon the original 6-inch PULSE SUB with deeper bass thanks in part to a new larger 8-inch driver.
Like the rest of the Bluesound product family, the PULSE SUB+ is a from-scratch design, created to combine practicality and performance in one elegant product. An 8” long-throw woofer and 150-watt Smart Amplifier with DSP delivers low frequencies to a deep 22Hz. Acoustically, the design approach is true to the brand’s musically inclined HiFi heritage and results in a tight, quick, musical subwoofer, equally well-suited for music or home theater. For even more bass, add a second SUB+ via the BluOS Controller app and optimize the in-room settings with the advanced audio controls.
Bluesound aimed for maximum output from minimal size (18” W X 11.8” H X 5.75”D) to blend into any room application and any décor, staying true to the belief that a subwoofer doesn’t have to be either large or imposing. This design philosophy results in a sleek, compact, and versatile product that promises to satisfy in both performance and aesthetics.
Bluesound designed it to be simple and it starts by using the BluOS Controller app to quickly set up and pair the SUB+ with any Bluesound product. With BluOS onboard, the user benefits from simple and intuitive app controls for volume, crossover, and phase adjustment. Easy software control means more options and more precision as users dial in the best settings for their ideal listening experience.
Compact and slim, with angled lines that complement its minimal footprint, the SUB+ fits beside, behind, or even underneath living room furniture. It can hang on a wall too – with a clever multi-orientation mounting design and included wall bracket and magnetic rubber feet. The SUB+ can be mounted horizontally or vertically to help with cable management. It also has an analog line-level input for wired connection, which also allows it be used with non-Bluesound products.
• 150 WATTS. An all-new 150W Smart DSP Amplifier platform with a custom-designed power supply packs a punch, allowing the SUB+ to play louder and dig deeper, with tighter, more musical control.
• 8 INCHES. Now boasting an 8” driver, the SUB+ pushes more air and gives the amplifier some more room to maneuver.
• WIRELESS. A HiFi Wi-Fi subwoofer. No wires, no mess, no hassle.
• BluOS. The world’s leading hi-res, multi-room system connects the SUB+ to any other Bluesound Player, and several BluOS-Enabled Players from NAD Electronics, with precise control in the BluOS app.
• USE IT ANYWHERE. With a functional compact design meant to work in multiple setups, in any room and any décor, the SUB+ maximizes placement flexibility.
Like all Bluesound PULSE speaker models, the acoustic design and speaker voicing were performed at Canada’s National Research Council by Lenbrook’s renowned speaker design and engineering team.
Price & Availability
The Bluesound PULSE SUB+ will be available for $749.99 in white or black with included wall bracket and magnetic rubber feet. The first shipments are expected late October 2020.