The $399 PSB M4U 8 MKII wireless ANC headphones were released in October 2021 and are continuing in the PSB product line for 2023. The Canadian design doesn’t receive as much attention as it probably should and we’re slightly puzzled by that. A number of eCoustics staffers have used the PSB wireless headphones since they were launched and have reported nothing but good things about their performance.
Paul Barton is better known for his loudspeakers (PSB and Bluesound), but make no mistake — the PSB M4U MKII are very good wireless headphones that are excellent travel companions.
Some Cream With Your Coffee?
To celebrate its continued popularity, PSB will be releasing the M4U 8 MKII in a new color option, Espresso Brown. Attendees of the CanJam NYC Headphone Show on February 25-26, 2023 can be the first to experience this new headphone. This means you can select between black or espresso brown as the color of your headphones.
The unique feature of PSB’s headphones are the integration of Audiodo Personal Sound™ that calibrates the headphones to adjust to the unique hearing of every listener. Through a quick and easy hearing assessment, Audiodo Personal Sound maps out a precise and thorough understanding of the listeners hearing, calculates what changes need to be made based on personal sound perception and hearing abilities, and creates a unique profile for every user.
All customization options, including Audiodo Personal Sound™ profiles, are accessed through the PSB Headphones app, a full-featured app that regularly keeps the headphones up-to-date with the latest firmware updates and codes.
For a detailed explanation of the features and specifications of the M4U 8 MKII refer to our previous 2021 report. Here is a summary of key features to get you started.
- Over-ear, amplified, closed-back headphone design with Gyro-suspended ear pads.
- PSB “true-to-nature” sound signature.
- Custom audio calibration with Personal Sound by Audiodo™ through the PSB Headphones app. The headphone app also provides additional features and settings, as well as the reception of over-the-air updates.
- Bluetooth aptX HD and Qualcomm cVc technology
- NFC (Near Field Communication) pairing for supported devices.
- RoomFeel™ technology with greater detail and better imaging.
- Physical controls are provided for volume, playback, and mode selection
- Dual 3.5mm input connections (left or right side) for connection to physical sources.
- Tangle-free cords for analog wired and USB-C connection 1/4” stereo and dual-input flight adapters.
- Rechargeable battery with up to 25 hrs playtime in Active Mode.
- Carry case and easy folding for travel and storage.
Price & Availability
The PSB M4U 8 MKII wireless active noise-cancelling headphones are available for order now in black or espresso brown.
- $399 at Amazon or Crutchfield (black, available now)
- $399 at psbspeakers.com (espresso brown, pre-order now, expected Spring 2023)