LG and Google today officially unveiled their third collaborative effort. The 5.2-inch Nexus 5X smartphone features Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Google’s newest operating system for mobile devices offering impressive performance, great imaging and enhanced security. For those wanting a larger screen phone, Google also just announced the 5.7-inch Nexus 6P.
Nexus 5X features a sharp 5.2-inch 423ppi Full HD IPS display with advanced In-Cell Touch technology that enables faster recognition, better outdoor visibility and crisper images. Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 Processor, Nexus 5X delivers smooth and effortless performance for any demanding task. And with its fast Type-C USB port, a 10-minute charge will provide enough power for almost four hours of battery life.
Nexus 5X sports a 12.3MP rear camera and a 5MP camera in the front. Both the 1.55µm sensor on the rear camera and 1.4µm above the display absorb more light than any previous Nexus device, delivering brighter photos with stunning details even in less than ideal lighting conditions. Nexus 5X is also capable of capturing 4K and slow-motion videos, making this phone the most advanced multimedia Nexus device to date.
Nexus 5X is more secure than ever and simpler to use with Nexus Imprint, a fingerprint sensor conveniently located on the back, where your finger naturally falls. A single touch of the sensor is all it takes to power on and unlock Nexus 5X for immediate use. For owners in the United States, Nexus Imprint will also work with Android Pay for quick and easy purchases at thousands of locations nationwide.
Price and Availability
Nexus 5X will initially be available for pre-order on the Google Store starting today in the United States, Canada, UK, Ireland, Korea and Japan with shipping to start mid-Oct 2015 for $379 (16GB model) $429 (32GB model).
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 5.2 inches
- FHD (1920 x 1080) LCD at 423 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Fingerprint and smudge-resistant oleophobic coating
- 12.3 MP
- 1.55 µm pixels
- f/2.0 aperture
- IR laser-assisted autofocus
- 4K (30 fps) video capture
- Broad-spectrum CRI-90 dual flash
- 5 MP
- 1.4 µm pixels
- f/2.0 aperture
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor, 1.8 GHz hexa-core 64-bit
- Adreno 418 GPU
- RAM: 2 GB LPDDR3
- Internal storage: 16 GB or 32 GB
- 147.0 x 72.6 x 7.9 mm
- 136 g
- Single front-facing speaker
- 3 microphones (1 front, 1 top, 1 bottom)
- 2,700 mAh Battery
- Fast charging: up to 3.8 hours of use from only 10 minutes of charging
- LTE cat. 6
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO, dual-band (2.4 GHz, 5.0 GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS / GLONASS
- Digital compass
- Wi-Fi use requires 802.11a/b/g/n/ac access point (router). Syncing services, such as backup, require a Google Account.
- GSM/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- UMTS/WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8
- CDMA: BC0/1/10
- LTE (FDD): B1/2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/20/25/26/29
- LTE (TDD): B41
- LTE CA DL: B2-B2, B2-B4, B2-B5, B2-B12, B2-B13, B2-B17, B2-B29, B4-B4, B4-B5, B4-B7, B4-B12, B4-B13, B4-B17, B4-B29, B41-B41
- Phone is carrier-unlocked with wide-range band support for service providers worldwide. Check with your service provider for more information.
- Fingerprint sensor
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Hall sensor
- Android Sensor Hub
- Single USB Type-C
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- Single Nano SIM slot
- Premium injection molded polycarbonate housing
- RGB LED notification light