Devialet can never be accused of letting its products overstay their welcome. The innovative French manufacturer have introduced the next generation Phantom I wireless loudspeakers and there are some interesting new features along with a new price.
The Phantom I are available in two new models; the Phantom I 103 DB, and Phantom I 108 DB. The prices for the new models have also changed for 2021; expect to pay $2,200 USD for a single Phantom I 103 DB, and $4,400 USD for a stereo pair. The Phantom I 108 DB retail for $3,200 USD each or $6,400 USD for a stereo pair.
For those with a larger budget and a penchant for flair, Devialet have also introduced the Phantom I 108 DB Opera De Paris model which features 1000 watts of power, an upgraded 1″ Titanium tweeter, and a rather stunning gold leaf finish for $3,800 USD/$7,600 USD for a stereo pair.
The Phantom I Series are Roon Ready, and support Apple AirPlay 2 and Spotify Connect.
A key new feature is support for multi-room systems with the Devialet Phantom I wireless loudspeakers. The new Devialet app allows users to control each loudspeaker individually including streaming platform and volume.
Aside from the uniqueness of the industrial design, the Phantom I offer a quoted frequency response of 14Hz – 27kHz (-6dB).
They produce a lot of bass for such a small loudspeaker, and a stereo pair can be overwhelming in a small room if not positioned properly.
What’s New in 2021?
Phantom I has been updated with a modern matte finish, now available in black and white with new signature side panels available in a range of finishes, including black matte, dark chrome, light chrome, and 22 carat gold.
- Latest Devialet OS works with AirPlay 2, UPnP, Spotify Connect and Roon.
- Newly designed remote control with a screen, included with every Phantom I package for a crisp user experience wherever you are seated.
- A more intuitive interface including new LED signals at the rear of the Phantom for status checking, and a new stand-by mode.
- Analog connectivity through the new Arch accessory, which allows Phono, 1 x analog line input, or 2 x S/PDIF (coaxial) digital inputs.
- AirPlay 2
- Spotify Connect
- Bluetooth : A2D and AVRCP profiles, AAC, SBC audio codecs
- Roon Ready (Hi-Res: 24bits/48kHz)
- UPnP Renderer (Hi-Res: 24bits/48kHz)
- Toslink optical input (Hi-Res: 24bits/48kHz)
For more information: Devialet Phantom 1 Wireless Loudspeakers