Denmark-based Buchardt Audio is celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2023. We have reviewed and reported on two past offerings, the S400 and P300. Over the last decade, Buchardt speakers have provided Hi-Fi enthusiasts with a great listening experience and the opportunity to buy direct.
As part of their 10th anniversary, Budhardt has announced the Anniversary 10 (aka A10).
The A10 carries on the Buchardt tradition of in-house cabinet production and speaker assembly. Also, what Buchardt can’t do in-house they use partners located in Denmark. This allows Burhardt to pay attention to details that deliver high performance for its customers.
Cabinet Design: The A10 cabinet is handcrafted with FSC-approved solid wood. This provides a natural look and feels superior to typical veneered cabinets. The 19mm solid wood used is CNC machined.
Tweeter: The A10 incorporates a new 19mm RFA19 (Resonance Free Aluminum 19mm) tweeter. This tweeter houses an improved motor and a new aluminum dome. It’s designed to match the Buchardt waveguide, which ensures the tweeter reproduces sound precisely even at extreme angles. Using a waveguide also removes any cabinet diffraction from the tweeter output.
Woofer: The 6.5-inch Purifi PTT6.5X04-NFA-01 woofer used in the A10 features ultra-low distortion. The customized version for the A10 is tailor-made to match the components Buchardt uses, creating excellent synergy between the digital amplifier modules and the RFA19 tweeter.
Active Speaker: The A10s don’t need to be connected to an external amplifier or receiver as they house their own amplifiers. The provides placement flexibility as it removes a lot of wire clutter (although each speaker does need to be connected to AC power).
WiSA: In addition to being an active speaker, the A10 takes things a step further by incorporating WiSA technology. This provides wireless connectivity with WiSA-enabled Hubs and TVs.
The version of WiSA technology that the A10 incorporates is WiSA HT. This supports up to eight channels of HD audio and transmits and receives uncompressed 24-bit 48/96kHz sound over its wireless network, with no perceivable latency.
Tip: If bundled with the Platin hub and Buchardt app (iOS/Android), the Room Correction and Manual EQ are powerful tools to help optimize the speakers for any room or placement.
DSP and Streaming: In addition to built-in amplifiers and WiSA connectivity, A10s feature their own Quad Processor-based DSP, which can be customized via Burchardt’s Mastertunings. When connected to a WiSA hub, the speakers also provide streaming options such as Chromecast and Airplay. The A10s are also Roon-ready.
- Speaker Design: Bookshelf/Standmount Active Speaker with 19 mm / 0.74″ Solid wood with internal bracing and Basotect® dampening
- Operating Principle: 2-way sealed enclosure
- Tweeter: 1 x 19 mm / 0.74″ Resonance Free Aluminum dome with CDC aluminum waveguide
- Midrange/Woofer: 1 x 6.5″ PURIFI Extended Stroke Driver with Ultra Low Distortion, Custom made with triple Voice Coil
- Amplifiers: Digital amplifiers /Powerdacs (each speaker)
- Power Output: Woofer-150 watts, Tweeter-50 watts.
- Frequency Response: 28 – 40.000 Hz +/- 1.5dB (can change with Mastertunings)
- Crossover Point: 2800 hz (can change with Mastertunings)
- Wireless Connectivity: WiSA 24 bit / 96khz. Can be paired across brands up to 7.1 setup
- Cabled Analog Input:: 24 bit / 192khz ADC / Balanced / Unbalanced XLR / 20k ohms input impedance
- Input Voltage: 100-240 Volts AC auto-adjusting (1.8 m IEC C13 EU or US power cords incl.)
- Measurements (HWD): 370 x 178 x 245 mm (14.56” x 7” x 9.64”)
- Weight: 6.8 (15 lbs) – Each
- 5 years on speakers (10 years with registration)
- 2 years on amp modules (4 years with registration)
- 2 years on Platin hub/Primare SC15
Availability and Pricing
The Buchardt A10 is available for pre-order from €3,600 to €3,750 (pair) depending on the finish. Delivery is expected to begin on August/September 2023. U.S. price is forthcoming.
Available Finishes: Black, White Natural, Natural Oak, Walnut, and Wild Ash
May 26, 2023 at 4:04 pm
These look very, very nice. Traditionally styled and to be honest, the finishes look superb and probably even better in person. Quality.
May 26, 2023 at 4:25 pm
Really good company too. Nice people who try very hard to offer quality that people can afford. The speakers have a unique sound. I dig them.
Sir Hard of Herring?
May 27, 2023 at 8:11 pm
Interestingly, no-one’s talking about that odd uniformly-crumpled surround on the woofer. Any blurb on that?