Simaudio MOON 610LP Phono Preamplifier
Simaudio Ltd. announced the Evolution Series MOON 610LP Phono Preamplifier, a dual-mono, fully balanced differential design, that is heavily based on the reference grade MOON 810LP, a model which has received continuous accolades since its launch one year ago.
The MOON 610LP combines customized parts in an ultra-refined audio circuit which is fed by a unique power supply. This oversized power supply, located within the main chassis, is housed in a satin coated, 14-gauge steel isolated enclosure which eliminates all traces of AC artifacts. Located within this enclosure is a high quality toroidal transformer, a “pi-type” filter to reduce AC transmission noise and multiple stages of voltage regulation.
The 610LP is a purist design that is highly configurable – selectable gain, impedance loading, capacitance loading and equalization curves – accomplished using DIP switches found on the bottom panel. These switches are located directly in line with the circuit at optimal locations to yield the shortest possible signal path. These adjustments, in conjunction with an excellent overload margin, allow the MOON 610LP to work with virtually any available phono cartridge..
- Adjustable impedance loading – 64 available settings from 12.1Ω to 47kΩ
- Adjustable capacitance loading – 16 available settings from 0pF to 1120pF
- Adjustable gain settings – 16 available settings from 40dB to 70dB
- Selectable equalization curves for both the RIAA and the IEC standards
- An oversized power supply producing a DC signal with a noise floor of -140dB related to 1.0V, DC-100kHz
- Power supply voltage regulation includes i²DCf (Independant Inductive DC Filtering); There is one inductor dedicated to each integrated circuit type component (DAC, Op-Amp, etc.) in the audio circuit’s signal path – 24 stages in all
- Customized parts include metallized polypropylene film capacitors with very tight tolerances of 1%
- Four-layer PCB tracings with dedicated ground and power planes using pure copper for low impedance characteristics. The advantages include better circuit layouts resulting in a much shorter signal path and a vastly improved signal-to-noise ratio
- Power supply featuring a “pi-type” filter comprised of 35,200uF of capacitance and dual choke inductance (2x 200mH)
- Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design
- The shortest possible signal path for a faster transient response and the lowest possible noise floor.
Price and Availability
The Simaudio MOON 610LP will be available in March 2013 for $7,000.00 USD.