MOON by Simaudio announced the MOON Neo ACE “All in One” Integrated Amplifier + Streaming Digital-to-Analog Converter. The company claims it offers the finest sound available and can do virtually anything expected of a high-performance audio component, but you still need to add the speakers.
Simply hook up a pair of speakers, connect to the internet and you are ready for music. Simaudio’s MiND (MOON intelligent Network Device) module provides convenience and a full graphic interface, allowing for effortless access to a digital music library with power and flexibility. Most buyers would likely want the TIDAL streaming service (not included) for unlimited access to hi-res music.
Bridging digital and analog audio, the ACE includes a high resolution DAC with DSD decoding up to DSD256 and 32-bit/384kHz PCM. At the other end of the audio spectrum, a moving magnet phono preamplifier rounds out this complete package. Additional features include SimLink, RS-232 and IR ports for custom-install environments.
- 3 line-level inputs including a front-mounted 1/8″ mini-jack for personal media players.
- Headphone output on 1/4″ jack located on the front panel.
- Seamless integration with our MiND app.
- Eight (8) digital inputs include USB (hi-res audio), SPDIF (2), Optical (2), aptX®
- Bluetooth, WiFi and Ethernet inputs.
- The first MOON product using an OLED type screen which provides more detailed information.
- Simple MiND setup via on-board software menu.
- Moving magnet phono preamplifier input
- Analog inputs are configurable to “pass-through” mode, which bypasses the gain stage to accommodate components like a home-theater processor, whose own volume control is used.
Price and Availability
The MOON Neo ACE will be available in Q1 2016 with an MSRP of $3,500 USD in black, silver, or 2-tone.
|Output Power at 8Ω||50 Watts per channel|
|Input Sensitivity||370mV – 3.0V RMS|
|Signal-to-noise Ratio||100dB @ full power|
|Frequency response (full range)||10Hz – 60kHz +0/-3dB|
|THD (20Hz – 20kHz @ 1 watt / 50 watts)||0.015% / 0.02%|
|PCM Bit-depth range / sampling rates||16-32bits / 44.1-384kHz|
|DSD sample rates||DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256|
|Shipping weight||24 lbs / 11 Kgs|
|Dimensions (width x height x depth)||16.9 x 3.5 x 14.4 in.
42.9 x 8.9 x 36.6 cm.