Simaudio Ltd. proudly introduces the MOON P-8 Preamplifier. A fully-balanced differential dual-mono design housed in 2 separate chassis, the P-8 is a masterpiece that produces absolutely no sonic colorations while loaded with numerous ergonomic features. This stupendous accomplishment is the result of a combination of extensive R&D yielding new proprietary technologies and the use of the very finest electronic parts available. To push the envelope even further, the MOON P-8 can be fully integrated into a custom-install environment and provides for a plethora of user selectable cosmetic options.
Significant Design Features:
- Two chassis design with the larger chassis housing the power supply, digital controller circuitry, software processing and the LCD displays. The smaller chassis contains ONLY audio circuitry.
- Full unsolicited RS-232 bidirectional feedback.
- Custom proprietary toroidal transformer design with lower magnetic, electrical and thermal loss, yielding an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor. The result is increased current speed and better dynamics.
- An oversized power supply with 6 stages of DC voltage regulation and choke filtering.
- M-Ray volume control circuit based on the R-2R resistor array configuration that uses metal film surface mount resistors with 0.1% tolerances. The result is no sonic degradation of the audio signal regardless of the selected volume setting.
- M-Lock circuit for “user selectable” maximum volume setting lock-out for each line input.
- Power supply voltage regulation includes I2DCf (Independent Inductive DC Filtering); 1 inductor for each and every chip (i.e. OpAmp, DAC, Digital Filter, etc.) in the audio circuit’s signal path — 36 stages in all.
- C4 Aesthetics: 24 end-user selectable cosmetics combinations: the MOON Logo can be chrome (standard), gold or pewter; leg cones can be chrome (standard) or gold; Front panel cheeks can be silver (standard) or black; Brushed/Anodized front face-plate can be silver or black.
- Individual “gain offset” for each individual line input with a ±10dB range.
- Each line input is fully configurable to be “home-theater ready”, where the gain section of the P-8 is bypassed.
- Open-loop, zero-feedback circuit topology using absolutely no capacitors anywhere in the audio signal path.
- Four-layer PCB tracings; 1 on top for ground plane, 1 on the bottom for power circuitry and 2 in middle for the audio signals. The advantages include better ground and power supply circuit layouts resulting in a much shorter signal path and dramatically improved signal-to-noise ratio.
- Extremely rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations.
- Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design.
The MOON P-8 will have an MSRP of $9,500.00 USD.
Scheduled date of availability – February 2005