NAD C 516BEE CD Player Announced
NAD Electronics announced the C 516BEE Compact Disc Player, an affordable, high performance CD player engineered for musicality and simplicity, replacing its predecessor, the popular NAD C 515BEE.
The C 516BEE features the latest generation Cirrus Logic 24/192 D/A Converters for more accurate dynamics and a finely-tuned analog stage for even lower distortion compared to its predecessor. Audio specific OP Amps assure accurate musical sound while standby power consumption is reduced to a tiny trickle (<0.5 watts), saving energy while still allowing full function remote control. The C 516 BEE offers a choice of COAX or Optical digital outputs.
The new industrial design of the C 516BEE imparts a sleek new profile to the Classic NAD face and is the ideal cosmetic complement to the popular C 316BEE integrated amplifier. The C 516BEE plays both CD and CD-R/W and decodes MP3 and WMA files copied to CD-R for up to 10 hours of continuous play. For added convenience, the NAD player offers “Repeat” function for 1 song, 1 disc, or A-B repeat, “program play” with direct access from the remote control and “forward” and “reverse” skip and search functions. An informative VFD display gives complete information about tracks and time.
“While NAD is focused on the development of a broad range of wireless and streaming audio products, we also know music lovers still have collections of hundreds or even thousands of CDs. So there is still a need for a high performance CD player.” commented Greg Stidsen, NAD’s Director of Technology and Product Planning. “For those audiophiles where cost is a consideration, the C 516BEE will not disappoint. True to NAD’s design philosophy, we’ve focused our investment in areas that will provide the most sonic benefit and avoided the frills that only add cost and complexity.”
- Plays CD and CD-R/W
- Decodes MP3 and WMA files copied to CD-R for up to 10 hours of continuous play
- Latest generation 24/192 Sigma/Delta D/A converters are chosen for low noise and excellent linearity
- Audio specific OP Amps assure accurate musical sound
- Full function remote control
- Repeat function for 1 song, 1 disc, or A-B repeat
- Program play with direct access from the remote control
- Forward and reverse skip and search function
- Informative VFD display gives complete information about tracks and time
- COAX and Optical digital outputs
- Compact size matches the NAD C 316BEE Amplifier
Price and Availability
The NAD C 516BEE is available now for $299.