Marantz just announced the NR1607, an ultra slim 7.2-channel network A/V receiver with built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Made for design-and space-conscious home theater enthusiasts that do not want to compromise on performance, this $700 receiver features the latest in audio and video technology; paired with advanced wireless connectivity, total ease-of-use, and energy-conscious performance. The NR1607 adds DSD streaming up to 5.6 MHz over the NR1606 from last year.
The NR1607 features a high current discrete 50-watt power amplifiers on all 7 channels each. Its dual antennas and dual band make for robust, error-free Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless streaming connectivity. Once connected, this AV receiver opens up to streaming music sources and playback options for users via AirPlay, network attached storage devices (NAS), Internet Radio, Pandora, SiriusXM, and Spotify Connect (where available; subscription required).
The NR1607 comes with Dolby Atmos immersive surround decoding to deliver breathtaking surround sound from today’s advanced movie soundtracks. An overhead surround soundfield will give listeners a dramatic expansion of the sonic space. It also features Dolby TrueHD lossless decoding and other Dolby Digital technologies, and supports conventional 5.1 or 7.1 channel speaker set-ups. A future firmware update (expected in September 2016) will also allow the NR1607 to decode DTS:X soundtracks, for ultimate compatibility with this new world of 3D sound. Also supported and played back in impeccable quality are high-resolution audio files like FLAC, AIFF and WAV.
The video section fully backs 4K Ultra HD high-resolution video with the latest HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 specifications required for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content. The NR1607 further supports full rate 4K Ultra HD video with 4K 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR), Wide Color Gamut compatibility, 21:9 video, 3D and BT.2020 pass through on every input. The 8 HDMI inputs include one conveniently located on the front panel, enough to connect modern HDMI devices such as Blu-ray players, game consoles, streaming set-top boxes and streamed/download 4K Ultra HD content. The NR1607 further owns an advanced video section to upscale analog and digital source material up to 4K Ultra HD for the ultimate viewing experience. And to top it off, it’s certified by the Imaging Science Foundation for video quality, the NR1607 features a full suite of video calibration controls along with ISF Day/Night video modes.
The NR1607 offers easy setup with the assistance of the Graphical User Interface, Setup Assistant, and Audyssey MultEQ room calibration from on-screen instructions. Once set up, the new Marantz 2016 AVR Remote app is available on iOS, Android and Kindle Fire making daily operation simple and convenient. And for those looking for energy savings, the NR1607 includes a smart ECO mode that can automatically save significant electrical power without influencing the overall performance.
Price and Availability
The Marantz NR1607 is expected to be available in May 2016 for $699.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support; built-in Bluetooth
- Improved network stability especially in Wi-Fi-crowded homes
- 7-channel discrete power amplifier, 50W per channel at 8ohm, 20-20kHz, 0.08%THD
- Enough power to fill medium size rooms from a small cabinet with renowned Marantz sound
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR and BT.2020
- Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility
- 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support
- Plenty of inputs for your Blu-ray Player, game console and more
- Analog to HDMI conversion and SD/HD 4K Upscaling for legacy video sources
- Full HD and even Ultra HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources
- Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.2) and DTS:X (via firmware update)
- Immersive 3D sound with effects from overhead
- AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Network Audio Streaming
- Access to almost unlimited online music sources
- DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC, AIFF and WAV support
- High Resolution audio streaming for Hi-Fi enthusiasts
- Watch a movie in the home theater and listen to music in another room
- Audyssey MultEQ, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Delivering perfect equalization for your individual room
- Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Advanced GUI
- Hassle-free installation, setup and operation
- Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
- Unprecedented level of command and control
- ISF video calibration
- Ready for professional calibration of home theater TVs or projectors
- Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
- Energy-conscious without compromising on performance