Vincent Audio has announced the availability of the SV-237MK II, an update of its popular SV-237 and SV-237MK Hybrid Integrated Amplifiers.
From Steve Niemi, Director of Global Sales, Pangea Audio, LLC: “The SV-237 is one of the most successful Vincent Audio models sold across the globe…But, like all of the brand’s products, the team is constantly looking for ways to make the best at a given price even better.”
Cosmetically, the front panel received an upgrade so that it resembles other models in the current lineup of Vincent Audio integrated amplifiers.
On the inside, the SV-237MK II features the company’s acclaimed hybrid design that was featured in the original SV-237, offering the rich, natural-sounding audio associated with vacuum tubes while providing the power and control of solid-state electronics.
Tip: The SV-237MK II uses One 12AX7 (aka ECC83) and two 6N1P vacuum tubes.
SV-237MK II also adds Bluetooth 5.0, allowing listeners to wirelessly stream high-resolution audio files to the integrated amplifier from compatible devices, such as smartphones.
The SV-237 MKII can output a lot of power (refer to specifications section below), but when used in ‘Class A‘ mode, it outputs 10 watts per channel. This gives instruments and vocals a warm, natural texture associated with solid-state electronics sold at a significantly higher price.
The integrated amp includes three analog (RCA) and two digital (1 optical/1 coaxial) audio inputs. The digital inputs are paired with a Burr-Brown PCM 5102 DAC. The DAC is designed to bring out the best in compact discs as well as several digital file formats, such as WAV, FLAC, APE, LPCM, MP3, AAC, AC3, and WMA.
Tip: The SV-237 MKII also provides separate sets of RCA Record Out and Preamp Outputs. You don’t see Record Out connections too much anymore.
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz ±0.5 dB; 20 Hz – 50 kHz ±2 dB
- Maximum Power Output (Class AB operation at 8 Ohms): 2 x 150 Watt (RMS)
- Maximum Power Output (Class AB operation at 4 Ohms): 2 x 250 Watt (RMS)
- Maximum Power Output (Pure Class A operation at 8 Ohms): 2 x 10 Watts (RMS)
- Input sensitivity: 300 mV
- Input impedance: 47k Ohms
- Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.1% (1 kHz, 1 W)
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: > 90 dB
- A/B Speaker Terminals: Two sets of L/R channel speakers can be connected.
- Headphone Output: Front panel, ¼-inch connection.
- Control: Front panel controls, as well as a silver or black remote control, are provided, Two 12-Volt Triggers are available on the rear connection panel.
- Voltage Selector: 110/230
- Dimensions (WHD): 16.8 x 6 x 17 inches)
- Weight: 45 lbs
Availability and Pricing
The Vincent Audio SV-237MK II is available in a black or silver finish and is priced at $2,999.95 through authorized Vincent Audio Dealers (Pangea Audio is the U.S. Distributor).
Related reading: Vincent SV-737 Hybrid Integrated Amplifier Review