High-end commercial and residential audio brand, Theory Audio Design has 3 new Amplified Loudspeaker Controllers to drive their expanded CI loudspeaker lineup. Paul Hales introduced the DLC-1000.4, DLC-1500.4, and DLC-250.4 at CEDIA 2022 and the prices are surprisingly lower than expected.
The DLC-1000.4 and 1500.4 are full-size rack mount units with extensive high power output and flexible setup options for large-scale setups. The DLC-250.4 has almost all the features of the 1000.4 and 1500.4 but has a more compact 1/2 rack design with less power output. The DLC-250.4 is an option for more modest installations.
Each model offers 4-channels of intelligent power, a full DSP matrix, and is TCP/IP controlled through a wired connection, or directly via its onboard Wi-Fi access point.
In addition to custom home theater setups, the DLC models offer extensive system setup flexibility for hotels, houses of worship, educational facilities, and corporate environments where there are multiple rooms of varying sizes.
The DLC Loudspeaker Controllers provide high-quality amplification and superior speech intelligibility throughout large spaces.
S/PDIF master/slave functionality allows multiple DLCs to be used to cover all these needs and each loudspeaker controller only takes up two rack spaces.
For home cinema and surround sound systems, the DLCs are perfect to power large screen loudspeakers and subwoofers with up to 250 Watts (DLC-250.4), 1000 watts (DLC-1000.4), and 1500 watts (DLC-1500.4) per channel into 4, 8, and 16-ohms, or 70V/100V hi-z systems.
- 4-Channel Amplified Distribution Loudspeaker Controller
- IP Control
- Integrated WiFi Access Point
- Power Sharing
- Lo-Z and Hi-Z (70V/100V) Operation
- 4 x Balanced Analog Audio with selectable input sensitivity
- 4 x RCA Unbalanced Analog Audio
- 1 x S/PDIF Digital Audio
- 4 x Speaker Outputs
- 1 x S/PDIF Digital Audio Out
- 1 x +12VDC Trigger
Audio Operation: 48kHz/24-bit
On-Board DSP: 48kHz/32-bit
- Loudspeaker Processing for all Theory Models
- Input Trim
- Signal Routing
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz, +/-0.25dB
Power Output (DLC-250.4):
- 250W per channel @ 4, 8, 16-ohms, and 70V/100V
- 125W per channel @ 4, 8, 16-ohms all channels driven
- 125W per channel @ 70V/100V all channels driven
Power Output (DLC-1000.4):
- 1000W per channel @ 4, 8, 16-ohms, and 70V/100V
- 500W per channel @ 4, 8, 16-ohms all channels driven
- 500W per channel @ 70V/100V all channels driven
Power Output (DLC-1500.4)
- 1500W per channel @ 4, 8, 16-ohms, and 70V/100V
- 800W per channel @ 4, 8, 16-ohms all channels driven
- 800W per channel @ 70V/100V all channels driven
Voltage Gain: Variable
Input Sensitivity: Variable
Signal to Noise Ratio: >106dB
Distortion (1kHz, 1dB below max output): <0.02%
Power Related Specs
- Standby: <1W
- 1/8 power, all channels driven: 70W (250.4), 315W (1000.4), 470 watts (1500.4)
- Idle Noise(A-Wt): -78dBV
- AC Operation: 100V-240VAC, 50-60Hz
- DLC-250.4: 1.75 x 8.7 x 11.7-inches
- DLC-1004.4/1500.4: 3.5 x 19 x 12.6
- DLC250.4: 6.2 lbs.
- DLC-1004.4/1500.4: 16.5 lbs.
Accessories (DLC-1000.4 and 1500.4)
- Rack Mount Ears
Accessories (DLC-250.4 only)
- Single and Dual Unit Rack Mount Kit
- Surface Mount Kit
Availability and Pricing
- The DLC-1000.4 is available to order now for $3,500/each (US MSRP)
- The DLC-1500.4 will begin shipping in December for $4,250/each (US MSRP).
- The DLC-250.4 (coming soon).