TDK Life on Record announced a small, cylindrical shaped, weatherproof portable wireless speaker called the TREK Flex. The $130 shock-resistant Bluetooth speaker connects wirelessly to play music from any smartphone or tablet. The device contains two full-range speakers and a passive radiator for 360 degrees of sound. Furthermore, MaxxBass by Waves, a patented virtual subwoofer technology, adds deep bass, creating a musical treat that plays to more than one sense.
“Superior sound and reliability differentiate this speaker,” said Toshi Hokari, executive director, product management and marketing, Imation. “The TREK Flex is an exciting new addition to the TDK Life on Record portfolio.”
- IK07 shock resistant design
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- Rechargeable battery with micro USB to USB charging (1 amp)
- Two full-range drivers and one passive radiator
- Built-in track controls and speakerphone functionality
- IP65 weatherproof design protects against water and dust
Price and Availability
TREK Flex will be available in Q1’15 in the U.S. for $129.95.