Sony announced the GS Series 8-inch XS-GS80L car subwoofer, offering high power output and superior sound quality featuring a MRC Honeycomb diaphragm, which realizes high rigidity for powerful bass with low distortion. The single voice coil XS-GS80L subwoofer with 900-watt peak power and 280-watt rated power handling delivers solid bass response for loud and clear sound. In addition the woofer uses a powerful, high energy Ferrite magnet to control cone travel and deliver big power handling.
Price and Availability
The Sony XS-GS80L car subwoofer will be available May 2013 for about $99.
- High Power Handling
- IEC Peak Power, 280W CEA RMS Power
- MRC (Mica Reinforced Cellular) Honeycomb diaphragm realizes high rigidity for powerful bass with low distortion
- TPO (Thermoplastic Olefin) surround delivers solid bass response for loud and clear sound
- Double spider suspension ensures long stroke motion for accurate bass sound
- 8 inch, 4 ohms, SVC (Single Voice Coil)
- Sensitivity (db) : 84 +/-2dB (1W, 1m)
- Frequency Response : 28 – 500Hz
- Depth (Approx.) : 3 7/8″
- Diameter (Approx.) : 8″
- Dimensions (Approx) Depth : 3 7/8″
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 8″ (20cm)
- Mounting Dimensions (Approx.) : 7 1/8″
- Weight (Approx.) : 5 lb. 2 oz.
- Specialty channel exclusive
- Three year warranty