Simaudio Ltd. introduced the Evolution Series MOON 860A Power Amplifier, a balanced differential dual-mono design rated at 200 watts into 8 ohms (400 watts into 4 ohms and 800 watts into 2 ohms). The 860A replaces the MOON W-7, and is the little brother of Simaudio’s higher powered 870A amp. Both include several recent proprietary advancements which allow it to perform with both the accuracy and grain-free character of our highly regarded lower powered amplifiers; These include (i) MOON output transistors, specifically designed for use in our amplifiers, providing tighter and more visceral bass performance, as well as unprecedented linearity thoughout the entire frequency spectrum; and (ii) our advanced “zero global feedback” circuit, commonly referred to as Lynx.
Despite the 860A’s high power rating, both transparency and soundstage are exceptional. Ultimately, this amplifier will mate seamlessly with, and drive most loudspeakers to their full sonic potential. Of course, both RS-232 and 12 Volt triggers for custom-install environments are included as well as a plethora of user selectable cosmetic options that are available at the time of purchase.
- Lynx circuitry which is a “no overall feedback” design resulting in genuine real-time amplification, a more accurate musical reproduction with respect to tonality, virtually non-existent intermodulation distortion and the elimination of common phase errors resulting from feedback
- Proprietary MOON output transistors with unprecedented gain linearity resulting in improved bass response and even more accurate sonic reproduction – 12 per channel.
- An oversized power supply
- Custom proprietary toroidal transformer design with lower magnetic, electrical and thermal loss, yielding an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor. The result is increased current speed and better dynamics
- A high damping factor yielding superior musical dynamics, improved signal speed and refined timbre accuracy
- Stable to virtually any known speaker impedance
- A very short capacitor-free signal path for a faster transient response
- 4-Layer PCB’s with pure copper tracings for a much shorter signal path
- Full unsolicited RS-232 bidirectional feedback & 12 Volt trigger input/output for remote operation
- Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design
- “Class A” output to 5 watts for greater efficiency
- Ultra rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
Price and Availability
The Simaudio MOON 860A is available now for $14,000 USD.