Basic 2-in-1 convertible PC for those who want Samsung design at an affordable price.
In the first quarter of 2018, Samsung will release an updated 13.3-inch Notebook 7 Spin model. The 2-in-1 convertible laptop adds a speedier Intel 8th Generation Quad Core i5 Processor, a fingerprint scanner, and a larger battery.
Samsung Notebook 7 Spin (2018) is designed for working professionals, students and those looking for entertainment. The touchscreen notebook flips around 360-degrees for functionality as a tablet. It’s also compatible with Active Pen (sold separately) for quick and easy note-taking.
“Our customers wanted a functional, intuitive device that includes a wide range of their favorite features, and that’s what we’ve delivered with the Notebook 7 Spin (2018),” said YoungGyoo Choi, Senior Vice President of the PC Business Team, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics. “This device meets the needs of today’s digital lifestyle, combining work and play with a smart, seamless and personalized experience that connects users with their other devices.”
- 360-Degree Rotating Touchscreen – Provides the flexibility to view content as preferred, whether it be as a tablet or as a traditional PC in landscape mode
- Active Pen-enabled – Perfect for attending meetings, conference calls or lectures, the Active Pen (sold separately) lets users create a sketch or jot down notes on the fly
- Secure Fingerprint Log-in – Through simple fingerprint scanning, users can quickly log-in with Windows Hello and keep files more secure in their own Privacy Folder
- Power and Performance – Runs on the Windows 10 operating system and equipped with an Intel i5 processor and 256GB SSD drive that allows for quicker startups and advanced multi-tasking capabilities
- Voice Note – Advanced smart recording featuring an integrated far field microphone to capture every detail of important meetings or lectures, which can be stored and shared easily via Samsung Cloud with up to 15 GB for free with each Samsung account
- Battery – Larger battery capacity to keep users connected throughout the day
- Studio Plus – For users who wish to express their creative side, Studio Plus allows them to produce personalized movies featuring their favorite photos and videos
Price and Availability
The Samsung Notebook 7 Spin (2018) will be available in the U.S. first quarter of 2018. Pricing was not announced, although we’d expect MSRP to remain near last year’s models at $800.
|Samsung Notebook 7 Spin (2018)|
|PROCESSOR||8th i5 Quad Core|
|LCD||13.3” FHD PLS|
|DIMENSION||315.8 x 215.4 x 18.5mm|
|PORTS||USB-C, USB 3.0 x1, USB 2.0x 1, HDMI, HP/Mic|
|SECURITY||Fingerprint, Windows Hello, Privacy Folder|
|KEYBOARD||Backlit KBD, Keystroke 1.5mm, Curved keycap
Clickpad (Precision Touchpad)