Feature Concentric Tube Suspension technology to achieve a very shallow mounting depth
JL Audio is adding dual 8-ohm impedance subwoofer drivers to their TW3 thin-line of car subwoofers in 10- and 12-inch sizes, while keeping prices the same. Dual 8-ohm voice coil versions provide installers more wiring and impedance options, including the ability to run two TW3 subwoofers at a 2-ohm mono load.
The TW3 thin-line of subwoofers will continue to include dual 4-ohm impedance models. Available in 10-inch and 12-inch sizes, the TW3 subwoofer drivers utilize proprietary Concentric Tube Suspension technology to achieve a very shallow mounting depth and operate in compact enclosures, making them ideal for challenging installations, while still delivering excellent output and fidelity. This structure supports the voice coil and a full annular spider, while permitting the placement of the large motor structure further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs.
Building on the core technology of JL Audio’s TW5 thin-line subwoofers, the company says TW3’s are capable of greater excursion than the W3v3’s. TW3’s are optimized for small enclosures and offer tab-ear mounting design to maximize cone area within their mounting footprints.
TW3 Dual 8 ohm Subwoofers:
- 10TW3-D4: TW3 10-inch Subwoofer Driver (400 W, dual 4 Ω voice coils)
- 10TW3-D8: TW3 10-inch Subwoofer Driver (400 W, dual 8 Ω voice coils)
- 12TW3-D4: TW3 12-inch Subwoofer Driver (400 W, dual 4 Ω voice coils)
- 12TW3-D8: TW3 12-inch Subwoofer Driver (400 W, dual 8 Ω voice coils)
- Very shallow mounting depth (3.25 / 3.50 Inches)
- No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Very small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Very long linear excursion capability (0.60 In / 15.2 mm, one-way)
- DMA-optimized motor designs
- Proprietary “concentric tube” architecture
- Patented “floating cone attach method” technology
- Cast alloy frame
- Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Aluminum-alloy dust cap and rear cap with JL Audio logo
- Built in USA, with global components
Price and Availability (available January 2017)