Denon just announced two new budget-priced Network 7.2-channel A/V Receivers in the S-Series line-up, models AVR-S720W and AVR-S920W (pictured top). These two new components replace last year’s AVR-S710W and AVR-S910W.
The AVR-S720W and AVR-S920W both have built in dual band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, extensive network capability, 4K full-rate pass through and HDCP2.2, HDR (High Dynamic Range), Dolby Atmos and DTS:X (via future firmware update anticipated in August 2016) capability. Other highlights include a powerful 7 channel discrete amplifier with auto Eco mode and dual subwoofer outputs. As well as the Audyssey Bronze suite of powerful DSP features, including MultEQ room acoustic measurement and DSP correction. They also link up to Denon’s renowned HEOS whole home audio system. These units feature IP control capability, and when paired with the HEOS Link, users can easily control the receiver with the Denon HEOS app.
The AVR-S720W 7.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with built in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth offers technology from Denon’s top-of-the-range AV models for high performance at an amazing value. Listeners can look forward to its delivery of sensational surround sound and its support of the latest high-resolution audio and video formats. With Dolby Atmos listeners experience the same revolutionary 3D surround sound found in premium movie theaters in their own home. It has the ability to create an overhead surround soundfield that dramatically expands the sonic space. Via a future firmware update, the AVR-S720W is also able to decode the newest DTS:X soundtracks that also deliver an immersive 3-dimensional soundspace for an incredible sound performance.
Prepared for the future, the AVR-S720W features an advanced video processing and signal handling system including the latest HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 specifications that’s fully compatible on all 6 HDMI inputs. With 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR), 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support on every input, the AVR-S720W is ready for the next generation of 4K Ultra HD sources.
Full wireless connectivity is reached with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and dual antennas help ensure a robust signal transmission and reception. For incredible fidelity, high-resolution audio formats and playback are fully supported in this unit. And getting music is a snap, users simply stream their favorite audio tracks wirelessly to the AVR-S720W with the “Denon 2016 AVR Remote” app available on iOS, Android and Kindle Fire smart device apps.
- 7.2ch platform
- 165W maximum power output per channel (6ohm, 1kHz, 1ch driven), 75W (8ohm, 20Hz-20kHz,THD:0.08%) Power Amp
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support and Bluetooth
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through and 4:4:4 color resolution
- HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- Dolby Atmos built in (5.1.2)
- DTS:X ready (via future firmware update)
- Audyssey MultEQ setup with MIC stand included in the box / Dynamic EQ & Volume
- 6 HDM inputs (including 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support
- Networking: AirPlay, Internet Radio, Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, DLNA 1.5
- DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, and WAV High Resolution audio streaming
- Upgraded sound design
- HDMI: Front 1 in, Rear 5 in/ 1 out
- Digital audio inputs: 2 Opt /1 Coax
- Audio: 2 in, Video: CVBS 2 in/1 out
- Extensive network capability
- Denon HEOS Link IP Control
- Best-in-class user interface (Ease of installation and connection, Wi-Fi setup, Audyssey MIC stand, ECO mode)
- Front panel USB input with iPod digital direct
- AM/FM Radio
- 2-zone/2-source via variable Amplified zone
- Intelligent ECO mode with ON/OFF/AUTO Settings
- Setup assistant with icon-based GUI
- Horizontal layout speaker terminals with color labeling
- Speaker cable labels supplied
- Larger character display
- 4 Quick Select button and RC button
- Standby HDMI pass-through
- Denon 2016 AVR Remote app for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire
- Smart TV connectivity
- Available in black
The AVR-S920W 7.2 channel Full 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver has all the features of the AVR-S720W, but for $100 more offers 20% more wattage for audio and has an improved video section that’s fully compatible with the latest HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all 8 HDMI inputs. With 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR), 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support on every input, the AVR-S920W is ready for the next generation of 4K Ultra HD sources.
And like the S720W, the S920W’s full wireless connectivity is reached with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and dual antennas help ensure a robust signal transmission and reception. High-resolution audio formats and playback are fully supported for incredible fidelity. Getting music is a snap, users simply stream their favorite audio tracks wirelessly to the AVR-S920W with the “Denon 2016 AVR Remote” app available on iOS, Android and Kindle Fire smart device apps.
- 185W maximum power output per channel (6ohm, 1kHz, 1ch driven), 90W (8ohm, 20Hz-20kHz,THD:0.08%) Power Amp
- 8 HDMI 2.0a inputs (including 1 front) 2 HDMI outputs with full HDCP 2.2 support
- Dual HDMI output
- Advanced Video Processing with 4K upscaling
- Upgraded Denon sound engineering design
Price and Availability (April 2016)