Denon announced two new entry-level 2015 Network A/V Receivers in the S-Series A/V receiver line for under $600, which include built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and the latest HDMI specification including HDCP 2.2 support on all HDMI terminals. The new AVR-S710W ($479) and AVR-S910W ($579) A/V receivers deliver high performance and high value at an affordable price, along with the even lower-priced AVR-S510BT introduced in May.
The AVR-S710W 7.2 Channel Full 4K HD A/V Receiver with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi brings technology from Denon’s top-of-the-range A/V models and offers amazing value. It breaks sonic boundaries with 7 channels each providing 165 watts, that, along with the Denon engineering team’s many years of experience in amplifier design, ensure that the sound reaching the speakers is powerful, controlled, and full of subtle detail.
It features Dolby Atmos immersive surround decoding, delivering breathtaking surround sound with today’s advanced movie soundtracks. With Dolby Atmos users will experience the same revolutionary 3D surround sound found in premium movie theaters along with the ability to create an overhead surround soundfield that dramatically expands the sonic space. And, via a firmware update (expected to be available fall 2015), the AVR-S710W will be able to decode DTS:X soundtracks, which also deliver an immersive 3-dimensional soundspace. DTS:X features object-based audio coding that lets the sound designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience. Along with DTS:X decoding, the AVR-S710W features DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and other DTS audio technologies.
Prepared for the future, the AVR-S710W features an advanced video processing and signal handling system, including the latest HDMI 2.0a specification which provides for 4K Ultra HD full rate 60 Hz content, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, HDR (High Dynamic Range), Rec.2020 color space capability and 21:9 aspect ratio pass-through. It’s also HDCP 2.2 compliant, which is a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content. HDCP 2.2 is supported by the receiver’s 6 HDMI inputs and 1 output.
Full wireless connectivity comes with built-in Wi-Fi that enables users to connect to their home network easily and Bluetooth that enables wireless playback from compatible portable devices. The dual antennas deliver robust signal transmission and reception. Users can enjoy music from streaming services, and enjoy easy control via iOS, Android and Kindle apps. Overall this model offers an amazing roster of features for its price range with features such as Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and 6 HDMI inputs, including 1 conveniently located on the front panel.
The AVR-S910W 7.2 channel A/V receiver with Bluetooth and built-in Wi-Fi offers listeners a thrilling new dimension in home theater surround sound. It has many of the features of the other two S-Series receivers including: 8 x HDMI inputs and dual outputs, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X capability, the latest HDMI 2.0a specification which provides for 4K Ultra HD full rate 60 Hz content, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, HDR (High Dynamic Range), Rec.2020 color space capability and 21:9 aspect ratio pass-through, HDCP 2.2 compliant, Audysssey MultiEQ setup room calibration, front panel USB input, Internet radio and access to music streaming services, AirPlay, iOS connection sharing and ECO mode. With its seven discrete output stages each providing 185 watts of clean power, the AVR-S910W creates stunning cinema sound and detailed music playback.
This model is also equipped with advanced video circuitry to ensure that High Definition video images are accurately reproduced. The extensive array of inputs, outputs and control options make the AVR-S910W a truly versatile AV control center.
Denon AVR-S710W Features
- 7.2ch platform
- 165W Maximum power output per channel (6ohm, 1kHz, 1ch driven), 80W (8ohm, 20Hz-20kHz,THD:0.08%) Power Amp
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Dolby Atmos built in
- DTS:X Firmware Upgradable
- Audyssey MultEQ setup with MIC stand included in the box / Dynamic EQ & Volume
- 6 HDMI 2.0a Inputs and 1 output with HDCP 2.2
- Networking: AirPlay, Internet Radio, Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, DLNA 1.5
- Best-in-class user interface
- Dual Subwoofer Outputs
- Digital audio inputs:2 Opt /1 Coax
- Audio: 2in, Video: CVBS 2in/1out
- MFI certified Front panel USB input
- Discrete Power Output Stage
- AM/FM Radio
- Compatible with Denon HEOS Link
- Color Coded Binding-Post Speaker Terminals
- Amplified 2 Source/2 Zone Capability
- Advanced Quad-Core 32-bit DSP Processor
- Smart Eco Mode (ON/OFF/Auto)
- Smart TV Connectivity that lets you control the receiver with TV remote
- Easy to Setup, Easy to Use
- Available in black
Denon AVR-S910W Additional Features
- 185W Maximum power output per channel (6ohm, 1kHz, 1ch driven), 95W (8ohm, 20Hz-20kHz,THD:0.08%) Power Amp
- 8 HDMI 2.0a inputs / 2 parallel outputs with HDCP 2.2
- Audio: 4in, Video: CVBS 2in, Component 2in/1out
- Analog to HDMI Video Conversion
- 4K Ultra HD Upscaling
- Advanced GUI
- Upgraded Denon sound engineering design
Price and Availability