Features Digital Hybrid Noise-Cancelling
Audio-Technica is now shipping an AirPod Pro competitor called the ATH-ANC300TW QuietPoint® Active Noise-Cancelling In-Ear Headphones. These $229 truly wireless earbuds boast improved high-fidelity sound and superior noise cancelling performance, all without requiring any connecting wires. Each earphone contains 5.8 mm drivers in a diamond-like carbon coated diaphragm that combines light weight with rigidity for faster response time and reduced distortion, along with powerful, impactful sound with generous bass response and improved high-frequency extension and clarity.
The Audio-Technica ATH-ANC300TW utilizes digital hybrid noise cancellation. In this design, the active noise-canceling (ANC) mics are located both in front of and behind the driver, with one of the ANC mics mounted in a unique horizontal configuration within the sound chamber. This allows the location of the driver and geometry of the chamber to be optimized for an ideal balance of ambient noise reduction and audio performance.
Three Noise Cancelling Effects
- Airplane: A mode specialised for constant loud noise, such as the sound of an airplane engine
- On the go: A mode that is effective for suppressing sounds on the street; essential to find a moment of tranquillity within busy city environments;
- Office / Study: A mode that responds to noises that appear in quiet environments such as offices and libraries
The ATH-ANC300TW features an easy to use control system that makes it simple and convenient for the listener to control volume and music playback with compatible devices. The headphones support Bluetooth 5.0 and are compatible with aptX™ and AAC (as well as SBC) codecs for the best-possible wireless audio reproduction. A useful quick hear-through function allows some ambient sound to be heard if the listener wants to be aware of his or her outside environment. The ATH-ANC300TW also features Qualcomm® TrueWireless™ Stereo Plus, a special low-latency function that ensures that users can stream audio with no disruption and a stable connection.
The ATH-ANC300TW offers up 4.5 hours of music on a single charge and its compact protective carrying case also serves as a charger to provide an additional 13.5 hours of use. The headphones come with XS, S, M and L-sized eartips and a USB-C charging cable. The ATH-ANC300TW’s operation can be customized using the Audio-Technica Connect smartphone app for iOS and Android.
Product Introduction Video
- Truly wireless in-ear headphones with digital hybrid noise-cancelling technology provide the highest degree of QuietPoint® ambient noise reduction
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology with mic and multifunction buttons built into the earbuds to let you control music playback, calls, and volume without touching your smartphone
- 5.8 mm drivers with DLC (diamond-like carbon) coated diaphragms deliver exceptional full-range audio reproduction
- ANC feedback mic is positioned perpendicular to the driver to optimize the space in the sound tube for efficient sound delivery
- Compact, curved housing is designed to fit naturally in the ear for long-lasting comfort
- IPX2 water-resistant performance protects headphones from dripping water, such as rain and sweat
- Qualcomm TrueWireless™ Stereo Plus, a special low-latency function, ensures you can stream the latest releases with no audio disruption and a stable connection*
- Switchable quick hear-through function allows outside noises to be heard through the headphones when desired
- Qualcomm cVc™ (Clear Voice Capture) technology ensures you can have clear, natural-sounding conversations during calls
- Auto power function turns the earbuds on when they’re removed from the charging case and turns them off and begins charging when they’re returned to the case
- Internal battery provides up to 4.5 hours of continuous use on a full charge
- Portable charging case gives you an additional 13.5 hours of on-the-go power
- Compatible with Qualcomm aptX™ audio, AAC, and SBC codecs
- Supports the Audio-Technica Connect app for convenient control of headphone settings, including three noise-cancelling modes
- SCMS-T technology allows playback of protected content from compatible SCMS-T devices
- Includes thin, flexible silicone eartips (XS/S/M/L), Comply™ foam eartips (M), and 30 cm (1.0′) USB-A/USB-C charging cable
*Requires a smartphone/device that is compatible with Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo Plus functionality. Qualcomm TrueWireless is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
Price & Availability
The Audio-Technica ATH-ANC300TW true wireless earphones are available now for $229 at Amazon.