2021 has become a breakout year for the ultra-short throw (UST) projector category. With UST models now on the market from LG, BenQ, Hisense, Epson and Samsung, it’s clear the competition is heating up.
Not to be outdone, VAVA, the upstart California based company is releasing a second ultra-short throw projector. The original VAVA UST projector (model VA-TL002) launched in 2018 via a very successful Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign that raised over $2 million.
VAVA needed to up their game and it appears they have. The new VAVA Chroma ultra-short throw projector improves color accuracy through use of triple laser technology and ALPD® 4.0, said to be 30% more powerful than ALPD® 3.0 on the original model. In addition, Chroma adds Alexa voice control, a flying mouse remote and upgrades the Android TV operating system to 9.0 to get more streaming apps, including HBO Max, Disney+ and others.
What’s also unique about VAVA Chroma is that it claims to be usable with screens up to 150-inches in diagonal. All competing brands top out at 120 or 130-inches. Although a screen is not included, VAVA sells the Ambient Light Rejecting (ALR) Projector Screen Pro (model VA-LTS005) for $649.99.
Here’s the rest of what’s new in VAVA’s latest model (VA-SP003).
- Home Theater Experience: 80”-150″ Massive display that brings the movie theater experience to your living room.
- Triple Laser Light Source: Witness a stunning level of color accuracy made possible by HDR10+ and 3 channel laser technology. Using red, blue, and green laser light sources, the VAVA Chroma delivers striking visuals with 106% Rec.2020 color gamut and virtually no color loss.
- Stunning Detail, Any Time of Day: VAVA Chroma boasts 2500 lumens of brightness you can immerse yourself in your favorite movie, show, or game during broad daylight, even without blackout curtains.
- Ultra Short Throw Projection: No more messy wires or obstructed views. Unlike traditional projectors, the VAVA Chroma uses ultra short throw technology and features a 0.233:1 throw rate. Place it just 7.2″ from the wall for a stunning 100″ projection.
- Impeccable 4K Resolution: Using Texas Instruments’ XPR* technology, the VAVA Chroma achieves immaculate detail and true 4K UHD resolution. Enjoy the clarity and precision that comes with 8.3 million distinct pixels.
- Alexa Voice Control: Make your cinematic experience even more seamless by speaking into your remote control. The VAVA Chroma allows you to control your content from the couch with Amazon’s Alexa.
- VAVA 120″ ALR Screen (Add-on) – The engraved toothed grid structure on the Ambient Light Rejecting (ALR) screen’s surface filters out up to 92% of the overhead ambient light. It brings vivid colors and crisp images to your home, even during the day. It also supports 160° wide viewing angle and 4K resolution.
Pricing and Availability
The VAVA Chroma (model VA-SP003) is available on Indiegogo for $2,899 (35% OFF from MSRP: $4699).