The desktop loudspeaker category took off during the pandemic as tens of millions of consumers went remote from their office jobs. Brands like Audioengine, Q Acoustics, PSB, and Edifier experienced a huge uptick in demand for their powered loudspeakers and it would appear the Monoprice is jumping in to the category with both feet — and a lot of drivers.
The Monoprice Monolith MTM-100 Powered Speakers are the latest addition to the growing lineup of Monolith models and could be ideal for gamers looking for that extra degree of punch on the desktop.
These speakers consist of a matched pair consisting of a powered primary speaker and a passive secondary speaker. The primary speaker contains the amplifiers and connections for both speakers.
They can be used as part of a desktop audio system for your PC/Laptop or as a compact stereo system for your CD player or other compatible devices (including USB flash drives).
Tip: You can also connect a turntable but depending on the brand/model, you may have to connect a phono preamp between the turntable and the analog audio input of the MTM-100 speaker system.
In addition to physical connectivity, the system also incorporates wireless Bluetooth® with Qualcomm aptX HD Audio for high-quality, CD audio level music listening from compatible devices, such as smartphones.
Tip: The MTM-100 does not send audio signals to Bluetooth headsets or other Bluetooth speakers.
A front panel 3.5mm headphone jack is provided on the primary speaker.
With their speaker/passive radiator complement, these speakers are designed to deliver more powerful sound than you would expect from their compact size. However, they are larger than your typical Desktop PC speakers.
In addition, if you want a bigger bass boost, you can add a subwoofer to the system via its dedicated subwoofer output.
A wireless remote control is provided. The primary speaker also provides a multi-function front panel volume/source select control.
- Product Number: 43241
- Amplifier Type: Class D
- Amplifier Output Power: 2 x 50 watts (100 watts total)
- Woofer (each speaker): 2 x 4-inch cone
- Tweeter (each speaker): 1 x 1.25-inch silk dome
- Passive Radiators (each speaker): 2 x 5.25-inch
- Frequency Response: 50Hz ~ 20kHz
- Wired Inputs: Stereo analog RCA, digital optical S/PDIF, USB
- Wired Outputs: Mono analog subwoofer, stereo 3.5mm headphones, speaker connections between the primary and secondary speaker.
- Bluetooth®: Version 5.0
- Bluetooth Audio Codecs: SBC, Qualcomm aptX HD
- Input Power: 100 ~ 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 150 watts
- Dimensions (WHD – each speaker): 6.3 x 14.0 x 7.9-inches (160 x 355 x 200 mm)
What’s in the Box
- Primary Speaker
- Secondary Speaker
- Remote Control with batteries.
- Speaker Interconnect Cable
- RCA Analog Stereo cable
- Foot Mat
- AC Power Cable
- User Guide
Availability and Pricing
The Monoprice Monolith MTM-100 Powered Desktop Speakers are available for $499 at Monoprice.com.