Marantz announced the addition of two new Network A/V receivers with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, to its 2015 standard full-size higher-end home theater line-up. The SR6010 and SR7010 Network A/V Receivers excel with brilliant home theater and stereo audio performance, paired with the latest in audio and video processing technology, wireless connectivity, and total ease-of-setup and use.
SR6010: 7.2-channel Network A/V Receiver ($1,399)
The SR6010 packs an impressive 110 watts of power per channel, to fill even large home theaters with Marantz quality sound. Integrating carefully selected high-grade audio components, the entire internal circuitry further enhances audio quality by delicately handling all signals in a current feedback topology before they reach the speakers. Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology, shared with Marantz Reference Series components, provides superior, low noise wideband performance in an all-discrete configuration, compared to the conventional op amp integrated circuits found typically in this application. HDAMs provide exceptional signal-to-noise ratio, ultra-fast slew rate, ultra-wideband frequency response, and maximum dynamic range for the most lifelike sound possible. Overall, the SR6010 delivers optimum sound quality with today’s high-resolution audio formats.
In terms of audio formats, the SR6010 comes equipped with a groundbreaking Dolby Atmos decoder and Dolby Surround up-mixer. These deliver captivating multi-dimensional sound through height or in-ceiling speakers or Dolby Atmos elevation speakers. On its own, the SR6010 can support a 5.1.2 Atmos configuration. However, thanks to its 9-channel processor, adding an external 2-channel amplifier will facilitate 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 configurations. The Marantz MM7025 is an ideal amplifier to pair with the SR6010. This 140-watt 2-channel power amplifier matches the sonic characteristics of the SR6010 while offering increased power and a separate power supply for the main left and right speakers. The SR6010’s internal amplification would power the balance of the system. The SR6010 is ready for DTS:X and the DTS Neural:X up-mixer that can create a more immersive soundfield for the listener no matter how many speakers are installed.
With its built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities, the SR6010 opens up nearly unlimited music sources, such as Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, and Apple AirPlay. It can play music files stored on a PC or external storage thanks to its support of the DLNA network streaming standard. Playback of almost any audio file is possible, including high resolution FLAC HD, ALAC, WAV192/24 and even DSD. Other connectivity options include an iPod digital-compatible USB input on the front panel, a dedicated moving magnet phono input for the vinyl lover, and numerous analog and digital audio inputs. Thanks to the A/V receiver’s 9.2-channel processing capability and 13.2-channel preamplifier outputs, it can be used as a full home entertainment center. It can also distribute music from any digital or analog signal path to a second zone.
The video section fully supports next generation 4K Ultra HD high-resolution video, along with the latest HDMI 2.0a specification which includes 4K 50/60Hz pass-through and scaling, and the HDCP 2.2 compatibility that is required for 4K copy-protected content. It also features HDR (High Dynamic Range) and wide color gamut compatibility, key components of the Rec.2020 4K Ultra HD video specification. There are 8 HDMI inputs, including one conveniently located on the front panel, all of which support HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 compatibility. Its dual HDMI outputs are multi-source/multi-zone, allowing two displays to work independently and simultaneously.
Setup is easy – with the help of its best-in-class advanced GUI, Setup Assistant, and the most advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32 room calibration. For users there is no need to study the manual; they can just follow the on-screen instructions. A Marantz Remote App available for Android and iOS makes daily operation a breeze. At the same time, the SR6010 includes a smart ECO mode that can automatically reduce electrical consumption without influencing overall performance.
SR7010: 9.2ch Network A/V Receiver ($2,199)
The new Martanz top-of-the-line SR7010 marks the epitome of power, connectivity and versatility, and comes with even more features for the most advanced users. It goes beyond the SR6010, with a nine-channel amplifier outputting 125 watts per channel. Thanks to its 11.2-channel processing capability, home theater enthusiasts can even set up a Dolby Atmos or DTS:X configuration of up to 7.1.4 or 9.1.2.
MM7025 Stereo Amplifier ($799)
The Marantz MM7025 is an ideal amplifier to pair with the SR7010 for an 11-channel system configuration. The MM7025 would power the main left and right speakers. The SR7010’s internal amplification would power the balance of the system. Most remarkably, it can also be upgraded to support Auro-3D and the Auromatic upmixer (up to 10.1-channels with an additional amplifier; a fee is charged), to complete today’s available 3D sound options. Whatever format, superb audio quality is guaranteed by the unique Marantz sound technologies, a powerful 32-Bit SHARC DSP, and high-quality 192kHz/32bit Digital-Analog-Converters used for all channels.
Price and Availability
Both receivers are expected to be available in October 2015. The amplifier is available now.
SR6010 7.2ch Network A/V Receiver – Main Features:
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built in
- 110 watts x 7 channels (8 ohms, 20-20kHz, THD:0.08%) discrete power amplifier
- Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 with additional amplifier)
- DTS:X ready
- 13.2-channel preamplifier outputs with 9.2-channel processing
- Current Feedback circuitry with Marantz’s new HDAM
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Pro ready
- Latest HDMI 2.0a with 4k 60Hz 4:4:4 resolution
- 7+1 HDMI in / 2 multi-source HDMI out (4k 60Hz, 3D, ARC, HDR, Rec.2020)
- Full HDCP 2.2 support on all inputs
- Advanced Video Processing with HDMI scaling up to 1080p, 4k 50/60 Hz
- MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA, AIFF
- High resolution audio streaming: FLAC 192/24, DSD, ALAC
- Gapless Playback
- Spotify Connect (where available), Internet Radio support, AirPlay on board
- Phono (MM) input
- Setup Assistant and Advanced GUI
- Aluminum front panel with small trapdoor
- Blue LED Marantz porthole
- Marantz Remote App for iOS and Android devices
- ECO mode
- Available in black
SR7010 9.2-channel Network A/V Receiver – Additional Features:
- 125 watts x 9 channels (8 ohms, 20-20kHz, THD:0.08%) discrete power amplifier
- 13.2-channel preamplifier outputs with 11.2-channel processing
- Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.4 or 9.1.2 with additional amplifier)
- Auro-3D upgradeable (optional paid upgrade)
- High quality 192kHz/32-bit D/A converters for all channels
- 7+1 front HDMI in / 3 HDMI out (4k 60Hz, 3D, ARC, HDR, BT2020)
- Zone 3 audio
- Full-size trapdoor with additional 2-lines FL display
- Universal LCD remote control
- Available in black
MM7025 2-channel Power Amplifier (Available today – $799)
- 140 watts x 2 channels (8 ohm, 20-20kHz, THD:0.08%) discrete power amplifier
- Current Feedback amplifier design
- Unbalanced and balanced input terminals
- Flasher input / DC trigger input and output / RC-5 remote control
- Blue LED Marantz porthole design
- Available in Black