11.2-channel Home Theater Preamp/Processor Adds 4K HDBaseT Support
Integra today announced two flagship home theater components to their reference-grade Research Series that will be available March 2018. The new models include the DRC-R1.1 11.2-Channel THX Ultra A/V Preamplifier and the DRX-R1.1 11.2-Channel THX Select A/V Receiver that is almost the same but includes amplifiers. Both are the first products in their respective categories to incorporate 4K HDBaseT circuitry which allows for the transmission of 4K/60fps/ 4:4:4/UHD/HDR-10/Dolby Vision content up to 100 meters away over Cat 5/6/7 wiring. Each new “dot 1” model succeeds the DRC-R1 and DRX-R1 (without the “dot 1”) that are nearly identical without 4K HDBaseT support.
Additionally, both units support Dolby Atmos and DTS:X formats up to 7.2.4 channels; multi-zone processing; wireless technologies such as Chromecast built-in with Google Assistant voice control and DTS Play-Fi multi-room hi-fi music streaming; and hand-selected components. Each model also includes 8 HDMI in (1 Front*1), main out, and sub / Zone 2 out with support for HDCP 2.2, 4 K / 60 Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR 10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), WCG (Wide Color Gamut), extended (sYCC601, Adobe RGB, Adobe YYC601), and BT.2020 video pass-through.
With the THX Certified Ultra DRC-R1.1, no detail is overlooked. From the copper screws used to lock modular circuitry blocks to a double-skinned insulated frame, additional internal bracing to enhance the products anti-resonant characteristics, to the floating circuit boards, multiple 32-bit DSPs and DACs, the DRC-R1.1 processor was built for theater-reference sound. It includes state-of-the-art front-end technologies such as the 4K HDBaseT support, and object-based audio processing through 7.2.4 channels, and features gold-plated 11.2-channel balanced XLR audio pre-outs. The unit has 32-bit SHARC DSPs (x3), independent differential audio DACs for Stereo Front L / R (384 kHz / 32-bit AK4490) and Surround (768 kHz / 32-bit AK4458), and separate DACs for Zone 2 for HDMI IN 1-5, SPDIF (PCM), NET, and USB sources, and Zone 3 for NET and USB Sources. Bi-directional IP and RS-232 port for advanced home automation control systems are onboard, as are two IR inputs / one output, and three programmable 12V trigger outputs with adjustable delay.
Price and Availability
The Integra DRC-R1.1 11.2-Channel Network A/V Preamplifier/Processor Controller will be available for $2,500 US ($3,500 CAN) March 2018.
- THX Certified Ultra for Theater Reference Sound
- Enhanced HDBaseT LAN Connection Supporting HDCP 2.2-compliant 4 K / 60 Hz / 4:4:4 Video Transmission and POC (Power Over Cable) in Combination with Optional HDB-RX1 HDBaseT Receiver, IR and RS-232C Control
- Supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X Formats Up to 7.2.4 Channels
- HDMI 8 In (1 Front*1), Main Out, and Sub / Zone 2 Out with HDCP 2.2, 4 K / 60 Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR 10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), WCG (Wide Color Gamut), Extended Colorimetry (sYCC601, Adobe RGB, Adobe YYC601), and BT.2020 Video Pass-through
- AccuEQ Auto Speaker Calibration Technology with Standing Wave Elimination and User-Definited Customizable Filters
- AccuReflex Phase Alignment Technology for Dolby Atmos-enabled Speakers
- Chromecast bulit-in Wireless Audio Platform and Google Assistant Voice Control Support
- DTS Play-Fi Multi-room Hi-Fi Music Streaming Capability
- AirPlay Audio Streaming from iTunes and iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Spotify Connect, TIDAL, TuneIn, Pandora, and Deezer Services*2
- FlareConnect*3 Multi-room Network and Analog Wireless Audio Distribution to Compatible Components and Speakers
- Integra Control Pro App for iOS and Android Devices*4 Enables Easy Initial Setup, Multi-room Management, and System Control
- Plays Hi-Res Audio Files Including DSD Direct 11.2 MHz Stereo, 192 / 24 PCM, Dolby TrueHD*5, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF, MP3, and AAC via Network and USB Input
- 192 kHz Audio Scaling and Upsampling Mode for Wider Dynamic Range and Enhanced Detail Resolution
- Direct Mode for Audio Reproduction Close to Original Source Quality
*1 Front HDMI Input does not support 4K/60p, Dolby Vision, HDR10, BT.2020, or HDCP 2.2.
*2 Availability of services may vary with region. Please confirm before purchase. Subscription may also be required.
*3 Requires firmware update.
*4 For iOS and Android devices. Please check App Store or Google Play for device and OS requirements.
*5 Dolby TrueHD playback via USB input only.
- Dual-skin Insulated Chassis with Exclusive Cross-bracing System
- Additional Anchor Points for Outer Chassis
- Custom-made Magnetic-flux Low-Hum EI Power Transformer, Fully Enclosed and Shielded for Minimal Leakage
- Floating Isolated Digital Processing Boards with Separate Shielded Power Supply
- Hand-selected Audio-tuned Parts with Conductive Copper Chassis Screws
- Extra-large Anti-Standing-Wave Insulator Feet Improve Sound Localization and Tone Response
- Class-leading Processing System Featuring 32-bit SHARC DSPs (x3), Independent Differential Audio DACs for Stereo Front L / R (384 kHz / 32-bit AK4490), Surround (768 kHz / 32-bit AK4458), and Separate DACs for Zone 2 / Zone 3 (192 kHz / 24-bit AK4388)
- VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) High-frequency Noise Filtering (All Channels)
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-cleaning Circuitry for S/PDIF Audio
- A/V Sync Control (-100 ms to +500 ms in 1 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel (40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120 / 130 / 150 / 180 / 200 Hz)
- Audiophile Grade Anti-Resonant Aluminum Front Panel
- 40 FM / AM and Internet Radio Random Presets with Station Naming
- Sleep Timer, HDMI Passthrough, and Network Standby
- 5 Digital Audio Inputs (3 Optical and 2 Gold-plated Coaxial, Assignable)
- 7 Gold-plated Analog Audio Inputs (RCA)
- Gold-plated Phono Input (MM) for Turntable Connection
- 2 Gold-plated Composite Video Inputs
- 2 Gold-plated Component Video Inputs and 1 Gold-plated Output
- USB Input (5 V / 1 A) for Audio Playback
- Gold-plated 11.2-Channel Balanced XLR Audio Pre Outs
- Gold-plated 11.2-Multichannel Pre Outs
Custom Integration Features
- Zone 2 HDMI Output for HDMI Inputs 1–5 with Matrix Switching, Zone 2 OSD Including Volume Bar Overlay, Network Service Selection, and More
- Bi-directional IP and RS-232 Port for Advanced Home Automation Control Systems
- 2 IR Inputs and 1 Output
- 3 Programmable 12V Trigger Outputs with Adjustable Delay (A: 100 mA, B: 25 mA, C: 25 mA)
- Zone 2 and Zone 3 Pre- / Line Outputs, Front L / R Bi-amping Capability
- Zone 2 DAC for HDMI IN 1-5, SPDIF (PCM), NET, and USB Sources
- Zone 3 DAC for NET and USB Sources
- One-touch Whole House Mode for Easy Distribution of Any Audio Source to All Three Zones
- Dealer Settings Memory Store and Recall
- Remote Play Zone Function Enables Zone Selection for Audio Playback via Chromecast built-in, AirPlay, Spotify Connect, and DMR (Digital Media Render) Smartphone
- Front Panel Lock / Unlock and IR Lock / Unlock Capability
- Reset Function, Firmware Updates, and Temperature Based Fan Control via 3rd Party Control Systems
- Firmware Updates via ISCP for Dealers and Installers
- Independent Bass / Treble / Balance Controls for All Zones
- Optional Rack-Mount Kit Available (IRK-180-4C)