All-in-one speaker and base for record players
Spinbase is a $300 powered speaker system designed to sit under a turntable or record player. It provides vinyl enthusiasts a compact, high-quality audio solution without the fuss and space required by extra speakers.
“Spinbase was designed with today’s vinyl lover in mind. It packs room-filling sound, simple operation, and easy connectivity in a compact package that sits comfortably under your favorite turntable.”Bob Hazelwood, Andover Audio Chief Engineer
Spinbase removes the need for multiple cables and extra speakers, with a setup that can’t be easier:
- Place a Spinbase on any flat surface.
- Place your turntable or record player on top.
- Connect the audio cable from your turntable to Spinbase.
Spinbase is controlled via a single dial, which turns on the unit and allows for fine volume adjustment. A subtle indicator on the knob points to “off” or the current volume position, without interrupting the sleek look of the front. A metal perforated grill, lined with speaker fabric, allows for musical transparency, while providing a subtle, yet sophisticated look.
One of the main advantages to Spinbase comes from the “base” part of its name. The base itself is uniquely constructed with Isogroove™ technology to eliminate the age-old problem of acoustic feedback that’s caused when speaker vibrations reach the turntable.
“…spin your records and get satisfyingly smooth, feedback-free sound and musical pleasure well beyond the Spinbase’s $300 price point. I loved it!”Michael Fremer (Editor, Analogplanet.com)
The Spinbase audio system utilizes a clever arrangement of two woofers and two tweeters to produce an expansive stereo-image. Its clarity and output levels match the performance of small bookshelf speakers. Traditional turntable/speaker setups create “sweet spots”, which only provide one ideal listening location. Spinbase fills the room with a surprisingly balanced sound stage, making every location the best place to listen.
Built-in wireless Bluetooth and extra inputs ensure other audio devices aren’t left out. That means Spinbase also doubles as a Bluetooth speaker for streaming music, while its extra set of regular RCA inputs allow a stereo connection to any CD player. In total, Spinbase is actually a complete analog and digital entertainment system.
- Available in White or Black
- Large, Ergonomic Knob
- Perf Metal Wrap-Around Grill
- Vinyl-Laminated MDF Enclosure
- Recessed Andover Logo
- Internal Bracing for Rigidity
- Dimensions: (18in/46cm W, 13.5in/34cm L, 3.25in/8cm H)
- Isogroove Acoustic Feedback Elimination Technology
- Stereo Two-Way Vented Speaker System
- 2 x Soft-Dome Tweeters
- 2 x Active Woofers
- 270º Sound Field
- Class D Amplification
- Low-Noise Circuitry
- Phono-In (for Magnetic Cartridges)
- Line-In (for Ceramic Cartridges or an Auxiliary Source, such as a CD Player or Streaming Device)
- 1/8″ (3.5mm) Headphone Output
- Special EQ Switch for Ceramic Cartridge-Equipped Record Players
In The Box
- 1 x Spinbase
- 1 x Power Adapter (US Three-Prong Power Plug; Supports both 110v and 220v)
- 1 x RCA Cable
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
Price & Availability
The Andover Audio Spinbase is available now in black or white for $300 with 1-year warranty at AndoverAudio.com.
Need a turntable too? Andover is also reselling the T1 Turntable by Pro-Ject for $329, but word is a new turntable from Andover called Spindeck is coming mid-2020 (summer).