Thanks to the booming response and high recognition earned by previous ACECAD DigiMemo series in global marketplace — ACECAD today announced a new, advanced Digital Notepad — ACECAD DigiMemo with Bluetooth Transmitter — a stand-alone digital notepad with memory and capablility of sending e-Mail or MMS written on paper by Smartphone via Bluetooth, without using a computer. “Today’s announcements open the door to an even broader range of customers and lead ACECAD into the market of business mobile solutions.” said Henry Wu, President of ACECAD.
The ACECAD DigiMemo is a stand-alone device with storage capability that digitally captures and stores everything you write or draw with ink on ordinary paper, without the use of computer and special paper. ACECAD DigiMemo can send your handwritten notes as e-Mail or MMS by Smartphone via Bluetooth, without using a computer. You also can easily view, edit, organize, e-Mail and share your handwritten notes in Windows.
Utilizing the electromagnetic technology, it allows you to put any ordinary paper or notepad (up to A4 size; 210 mm x 300 mm / 8.27″ x 11.81″) on the digital pad and write with ink. Without changing the way you work, it writes as well as a ballpoint pen on ordinary paper, but digitally records your notes, ideas, drawings, sketches and flowcharts in the pad’s 32MB flash memory or optional Secure Digital (SD) memory card in real time.
Send Your Notes as e-Email/MMS by Smartphone via Bluetooth! While you are using the DigiMemo to take notes at meeting or on the road or in the field, you can use the optional Bluetooth Transmitter (connecting to the USB port of DigiMemo and getting power from DigiMemo) to transmit your handwriting notes of DigiMemo to mobile phone and send your notes out as e-Mail or MMS through mobile phone wherever you go and whenever you want, without using the computer.
When connected to a PC, the DigiMemo offers an on-line writing function which can instantly synchronize your writing on the paper with the digital page in its DigiMemo Manager software in Windows. It is also a USB tablet device in Windows.
Its included DigiMemo Manager software for Windows allows you better manage your handwritten notes more efficiently, personalized and well-organized. With the DigiMemo Manager software, you can easily view, edit and organize your digital pages in Windows or save it as a book file (e-Book), and further share your notes with others via e-Mail.
Work with Microsoft OneNote! Further, you can export your handwritten notes into Microsoft OneNote for note management and use the handwriting recognition function in OneNote to convert your notes into digital text.
Convert Your Handwriting into Text! To keep your notes well-organized, the optional DigiMemo Handwriting Recognition OCR software, supporting over 15 languages interface and recognition engine, converts your natural handwriting into text with great accuracy for further use in standard office software applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook or Lotus Notes. Through an intuitive user interface, you can convert your handwritten text, shapes, diagrams, tables and freehand drawings from the DigiMemo to digital text while it respects the original layout of your notes.
Simple to Use and Operate
- Take Notes: Place any ordinary paper or notepad on the digital pad. Write on the paper with the digital inking pen. The digital pad digitally records anything you write in its built-in 32MB storage device or an optional SD card in real time. One page you write is stored as one digital page file.
- Send Your Notes as e-Mail/MMS by Smartphone via Bluetooth: Use the optional Bluetooth Transmitter to transmit your handwriting notes of DigiMemo to mobile phone and then send your notes out as e-Mail or MMS through mobile phone, without using a computer.
- Connect to the PC: Connect the digital pad to your PC by an USB port.
- Organize Your Notes: With its DigiMemo Manager software, you can easily view, edit and organize your digital pages in Windows. You also can use the on-line writing function which can instantly synchronize your writing on the paper with the digital page in its software. Save any digital pages you arbitrarily select as a book file (e-Book) or PDF file.
- Send via e-Mail: Share your notes with others via e-Mail.
- Manage Your Notes in Microsoft OneNote: Export your handwritten notes into Microsoft OneNote. Use the powerful features and easy-to-use tools in Microsoft OneNote to organize, manage and share your notes more efficiently and effectively.
- Convert Your Notes into Digital Text: With the optional DigiMemo Handwriting Recognition software, you can convert your handwritten notes from ACECAD DigiMemo into digital text. Handwriting, shapes, tables and diagrams can be converted into print to be further processed in Microsoft Word. It respects the original layout of your handwritten notes.
DigiMemo A402 Features
Natural pen and paper feel – The DigiMemo A402, a digital pad with a digital inking pen, integrates the familiarity of pen-on-paper feel. It lets you feel as comfortable as you normally write with a regular pen on paper.
Ergonomic Design — Compact, Portable, Lightweight and Robust
- Digital Pad – The robust digital pad operated by four AAA alkaline batteries weights only 660g (1.45 lbs) (including the batteries). With continuous use of the digital pad, four AAA alkaline batteries can last approximately 80 hours. After 30 minutes of idle time, the digital pad automatically turns off to conserve the battery.
Its compact and ergonomic design allow it to be effortlessly held in one hand or on the lap and well fitted into a briefcase or laptop bag, and easily operated while you are standing, sitting or reclining.
- Digital Inking Pen – An ultra-thin & light digital pen with one 1.55V button cell battery and a normal replaceable ink cartridge (67mm/2.64″ length x 2.3mm/0.09″ diameter) weights only 13.8g (0.03 lbs). Its size and weight are almost like those of normal ball pen. The battery of the digital pen can last approximately 14 months.
Digitally capture & store everything you write on paper in real time, without scanning
No computer needed! On the road, in class or during meeting, for fun or for work, the DigiMemo instantly captures and stores your thoughts, ideas, sketches, drawings, flowcharts and anything else in digital format in the pad’s flash memory or optional SD card. You immediately get both a digital record and a hardcopy duplicate of your notes.
Intuitive & user-friendly functionality
- The intuitive controls of function buttons on the pad make for easy one-handed operation.
- The pad also contains a small LCD to facilitate user interaction with the DigiMemo and to display page number, ink status, time clock and battery status.
- Your handwritten notes are stored in digital page files with timestamp for easy classification and sorting in File Manager of Windows.
- Simple menus and straightforward functions in its software allow you easily edit and organize your notes on PC.
Capture your handwritten notes up to 14mm (0.55″) thickness of paper (about 140 sheets of paper)
No special papers needed! Any ordinary paper or notepad up to A4 size (210 mm x 300 mm / 8.27″ x 11.81″) can be used. Utilizing the electromagnetic technology, it lets you put any ordinary paper on the pad and use the digital pen to write directly on paper. Even the thickness of paper laid on the pad is 14mm (0.55″); your handwritings can still be captured and stored in the DigiMemo.
Send your handwritten notes as e-Mail/MMS by Smartphone via Bluetooth anywhere anytime
No computer needed! In the field or on the move, anywhere, anytime, whenever you want, use the optional Bluetooth Transmitter to transmit your handwriting notes in DigiMemo to mobile phone and then email your handwritten notes back to the office through mobile phone.
Powerful and expandable memory capacity
A stand-alone device with storage capability, that can be both the built-in 32MB storage device in the digital pad and the expandable storage capacity by an optional Secure Digital (SD) memory card. Depending on the memory size, the DigiMemo A402 is empowered to manage and store up to 999 pages for each storage device. The more you write on paper, the bigger file size of the digital page will be. The file size of the digital page for one A4-size paper with completely full handwritten notes is only about 400 KB.
USB Tablet Mode in Windows
No special driver needed! Just connect to PC through a USB port, the DigiMemo A402 can be a USB tablet device and works just like a cordless mouse in Windows. You can use the digital pen on the pad in landscape mode to naturally and easily control the cursor and select the menu in all Windows applications.
On-line writing function in the DigiMemo Manager software
In the DigiMemo Manager software, the DigiMemo A402 offers an on-line writing function which can instantly synchronize your writing on the paper with the digital page in the software window. So, you can write additional notes in your existing notes both on paper and in the digital page in the software simultaneously.
While the on-line writing is activated, everything you write or draw with ink on the paper laid on the pad instantly appears on the corresponding position of the digital page in the software window.
Export your notes to Microsoft OneNote
Further, you can export your handwritten notes into Microsoft OneNote for more organized note management or use the handwriting recognition function in OneNote to convert your notes into digital text.
Convert your handwritten notes into text
The optional DigiMemo Handwriting Recognition OCR software with intuitive user interface allows you to convert your original handwriting captured from ACECAD DigiMemo into digital text with great accuracy. Handwriting, shapes, tables and diagrams can be converted into print to be further processed in Microsoft Word. It respects the original layout of your handwritten notes.
DigiMemo Application & Market
Portable, lightweight and with storage capability, the DigiMemo is designed as an optimum device for taking notes, business mobility and electronic form filling applications.
The DigiMemo have numerous possible consumer and business-based applications.
For mass market, it’s well suited for sales people, consultants, executives, receptionists, secretaries, journalism, designers, engineers, architect, students, the elderly and anyone who need to take notes or keep their immediate ideas, sketches, thoughts and flowcharts wherever they go and whenever they want. It’s particularly useful and convenient for mobile professionals to record minutes during meetings, lectures, conferences or anywhere they usually need to take a note.
The ability to send e-Mail/MMS written on paper by Smartphone via Bluetooth provides more efficient business mobility that allows businesses to achieve enhanced communication, collaboration and productivity.
Additionally, this device is ideal for a variety of vertical markets including education, healthcare, insurance, legal, financial, news media, real estate, security, military, government and other industries where users are conducted away from a desk or in the field.
Not only for applications where jotting notes is needed, the DigiMemo is also the optimal solution for form-filling application which needs a form hardcopy and digital filling data. Use the inking pen to write or select the checkbox on electronic form paper, the digital data is immediately stored in the DigiMemo’s memory. Then, the digital data can be further processed by form application on PC. No retyping or re-scanning is needed. You get not only the paper form hardcopy but also the digital data. For example, the insurance contract forms, examination papers, the speeding tickets, real estate contract forms, medical forms, maintenance forms, checklist forms.
This device is designed to give users the ability to be more productive and efficient in their daily lives, professional and business fields.