High performance Class D amp features improvements making it more efficient, significantly lighter and more energy-efficient
Velodyne has introduced the SC-600D amplifier, an improved version of the SC-600. The SC-600D features a Class D amplifier – the original SC-600 featured a Class A/B design – which improves efficiency, reduces its weight to 17lbs and reduces “wasted” energy by turning AC power into usable output.
“The updated amplifier offers installers a number of improvements over its predecessor, the SC-600 amplifier, including a robust 80% conversion efficiency,” said Bruce Hall, president of Velodyne. “The SC-600D is lighter and easier to install and features the exact same rear-panel connections as the SC-600 amp.”
Designed to power Velodyne's SC-600 IW in-wall subwoofer and SC-600 IF/IC in-floor/in-ceiling subwoofers, the “plug and play” SC-600D is a 400-watt dynamic, 200-watt RMS power Class D amplifier that provides superior headroom for clean, powerful bass.
The rack-mounted SC-600D is easy incorporated into a system thanks to its 12-volt trigger, IR repeater jack and RS-232 control capability. Each SC-600D comes complete with a full-feature IR remote providing four different listening preference settings.
- Superior headroom for dynamic bass with impact and authority
- Exclusive Velodyne distortion-limiting circuitry prevents audible distortion
- System friendly: 12-volt trigger, IR repeater jack, RS-232 Controllable (Crestron Certified)
- Twin systems can be run via rear-panel pass through to a second SC-600D amp (a single SC-600D amp running two subs is not possible)
- Easy connection to the subwoofer with conventional speaker wire I Very reliable, with a strong warranty – three years parts and labor
|Amplifier Class D||400 watts Dynamic
200 watts RMS Power
|High Pass Crossover||80 Hz (6 dB/octave)|
|Low Pass Crossover||30-160 Hz, Defeatable, 24 dB/octave slope|
|Inputs||Line and Speaker Level|
|Outputs||Line level, 80 Hz up, speaker level|
|Phase||0°, 90°, 180°, 270°|
|Dimensions (H/W/D) (Inc. feet & knobs)||3.6″ x 17″ x 13″ (9 x 43.2 x 33 cm)
** Allow two extra inches in depth for wire connectors and power cable.
** Includes feet. Feet can be removed for rack mount use. Unit is approximately “two rack units” high.
|Warranty (parts/labor) (North America)||Three years (electronics)
Five years (drivers)
|Shipping Weight (approx.)||17 lbs. (7.7 kg)|