Pioneer announced a new line of Superior Club Sound headphones comprised of the SE-CX8 and SE-CX9 in-ear and SE-MX7 and SE-MX9 on-ear headphones. Each are designed to produce the snappy midrange and low bass response of music in nightclubs, while also offering great sound quality, maximum comfort, and fashionable modern designs. The on-ear MX models use large drivers and advanced bass level control, while the in-ear CX models include a new technology called “Bass Exciter” that enhances the music listening experience.
MX Series On-Ear Headphones
SE-MX9 On-Ear Headphones
Based heavily on Pioneer’s HDJ-2000 DJ headphones, the flagship on-ear SE-MX9 model is equipped with the same 50mm drivers for increased bass response. Its larger drivers put emphasis on producing the lower octaves (20Hz-160Hz) in music for increased low frequency impact, enabling Pioneer to tune the headphones with a club-like response.
The audio quality of the SE-MX9 headphones utilizes a full length urethane head pad and ear pads, both wrapped in synthetic “protein leather” providing exceptional comfort and fit. The model includes a 1.2m tangle-free and a detachable D-shaped cord with a built-in microphone and a remote control for tracking up/down and answering incoming calls.
With the SE-MX9, Pioneer includes a carrying pouch, a second 2m cable for home use, in-flight adapter, and a 6.3 mm full size jack adapter.
SE-MX7 On-Ear Headphones
The SE-MX7 headphones take a different approach to producing increased bass response and snappy midrange with the use of dual 40mm drivers in each ear piece. The drivers work in sync to improve bass response at lower frequencies and provide the hard hitting bass found in club audio environments. For additional bass enhancements, the SE-MX7 includes an Advanced Bass Level Control built directly onto the ear cups. With a touch and rotation of the outer housing, users can quickly dial in their preferred level of bass output which can be increased to as much as eight decibels (8dB).
For aesthetics, the SE-MX7 features a molded headband design that flares toward the ear cups. The headband utilizes a durable, high quality rubber-like finish on the outside with a soft urethane head pad, and the ear pads are wrapped in polyurethane-leather on the inside for comfortable long wear.
The line-up also includes a 2m cable with a built-in microphone, a remote control for tracking up/down and answering incoming calls, and a carrying pouch.
CX Series In-Ear Headphones
The CX models go beyond the traditional in-ear headphone design with the use of larger casings for the revolutionary Bass Exciter technology found on the back of the earpiece. TheBass Exciter technology incorporated into both the SE-CX9 and SE-CX8 provides a physical enhancement to music listening by generating low frequency vibrations produced by the headphones. Like small pistons, the Bass Exciter moves back and forth at the same low frequency rate of the music, causing the body of the headphones to vibrate and giving users a sensation of deeper bass reproduction.
SE-CX9 In-Ear Headphones
- Two Way System – The SE-CX9 incorporates a “hybrid” 2-way driver system to coincide with the newly-developed “Bass Exciter” technology, all encased in an aluminum body. While the Bass Exciter generates low-frequency vibrations for increased sensation of bass output, the two way speakers provide efficient mid- and high-frequency audio reproduction, optimal for listening to different types of music.
- Balanced Armature Driver – Utilized in high-end headphones, the model features balanced armature drivers for increased electrical efficiency, resulting in less distortion and better sound quality. Use of the technology produces sharper and clearer sound over a wide bandwidth, especially helpful in producing clear instrumental and vocal sounds.
- Detachable Cord – The model includes a 1.2m OFC litz detachable cord with an in-line microphone and a remote control for tracking up/down and answering incoming calls.
- Earphone Tips and Accessories – The unit also includes three silicone tips (S/M/L) to accommodate different sizes of ear canals for maximum comfort, fit, and noise isolation. In addition, the model includes a protective carrying case and in-flight adapter.
SE-CX8 In-Ear Headphones
- Dynamic Driver – The SE-CX8 makes use of large 9.4 mm drivers for efficiently producing a wide frequency spectrum of sound for different types of music listening. The diaphragm of the speaker is made of lightweight CCAW (copper-clad aluminum wire), critical in producing rich bass and clearer mid- and high-frequency response.
- Detachable Cable – The model includes a 1.2m OFC litz detachable cord with an in-line microphone and a remote control for tracking up/down and answering incoming calls.
- Earphone Tips – The unit also includes three sets of silicone tips (S/M/L) for maximum versatility to suit different size ear canals, provide a comfortable fit, and isolate external noise.
Price and Availability (May 2014)