Marantz announced a new mid-class 7.2-channel Network A/V receiver with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, model SR6009 ($1,299), which replaces last year’s SR6008.
The new SR6009 now features a solid aluminum trap door to hide the control buttons and front connections. While looking stylish, it pays extra special attention to audio quality, and includes decoders for standard audio as well as for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio to create a highly immersive and richly detailed surround sound experience. Moreover, the 7-channel amplifier with 110-watts equal power per channel comes with the latest current feedback topology and the Marantz own developed high-definition HDAMs, to deliver the power and the finesse to astonish and astound. For true versatility, the SR6009 includes the most advanced network capabilities opening up almost unlimited sources of music content. This receiver offers full audio streaming capabilities thanks to the built-in digital media player, which can decode music files stored on a PC or external storage unit streamed via the network. Almost any file is possible including MP3, WMA, FLAC HD, ALAC, WAV192/24 & AAC. Gapless, DSD, and AIFF are also supported for the full enjoyment of live concerts or classical recordings. Next to Apple AirPlay technology, the SR6009 is ready to access thousands of Internet radio stations, as well as on-demand music streaming services such as Spotify Connect. To round up the main feature set, it has Audyssey DSX and DTS Neo:X 7.1 processing, an iPod digital-compatible USB input and a Phono MM input for vinyl fans.
The video section comes with advanced video processing, support of the latest HDMI standard (4k 60Hz pass through), 7+1 HDMI inputs and dual output for main zone & multi zone. Even more, the receiver features high-quality video processing technology to upscale standard of high definition video to Full HD 1080p and even 4k full rate (50/60 Hz). All are compatible with the latest HD displays and HD source devices.
As with many of this year’s models, the SR6009 includes the latest Marantz smart ECO mode that reduces power consumption significantly when the receiver is just used for background listening or running on lower levels without any negative impact to the audio quality. If the higher power is required while watching a movie or listening louder to your favorite music the SR6009 automatically switches to “full power output”. The smart ECO mode has three settings: Auto, On and Off. Calibration and optimization are also quick and easy with the Audyssey MultEQ XT (Pro ready), Setup Assistant and Graphic User Interface overlaid on the picture. Pure enjoyment has never been easier.
Price and Availability
The Marantz SR6009 A/V Receiver is expected to be available in black in September 2014 for $1,299.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built-in
- Current Feedback topology and new Marantz HDAM
- 7ch discrete power amplifier, 110 W per channel
- New small trapdoor design; aluminum front panel
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio
- Audyssey MultEQ XT room calibration (Pro ready)
- Audyssey DSX; dts-Neo:X (7.1ch)
- Latest HDMI version with 4k 50/60Hz 4:4:4 resolution
- 7+1 front HDMI in / 2 out (zone out) (4k 50/60Hz, 3D, ARC, Deep Color)
- HDMI scaling 1080p, 4k 50/60 Hz
- MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA, AIFF
- HD Audio streaming: FLAC 192/24, DSD, ALAC
- Gapless Playback
- USB port
- vTuner Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Pandora, Sirius XM, (where available, subscription required)
- Phono (MM) input
- Setup Assistant and Advanced GUI
- 4 Smart Select buttons for fast selection of listening presets
- 7.2ch pre-out, RS232
- 7.1 ch External Inputs
- Marantz Remote App for iOS and Android devices
- ECO mode
- 110 watts per channel (8ohm, 20-20kHz, THD 0.08%)