In September 2022 we reported on the introduction of the Marantz CINEMA Series receivers, which included the 40 and 50 AVR models.
Globally, the CINEMA 40 and 50 have been available with either black or silver gold finishes, but in the US and Canada, it has only been available with a black finish.
However, Marantz has announced that the silver-gold finish is now available for Marantz CINEMA 40 and 50 AVRs in the U.S. and Canada. The new color will be available exclusively on Marantz.com, giving customers a unique and stylish option for their home theater systems.
The new silver gold color finish provides a luxurious and sophisticated appearance that can complement personal style and decor.
However, these receivers offer a lot more than a black or silver gold finish.
Marantz CINEMA 40 and 50 Shared Features
- Amplifier Type: Class A/B.
- Amplified Channels: 9
- Preamp Outputs: 11
- Subwoofer Outputs: 4
- Surround Sound Support: Most surround sound formats including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Auro 3D, IMAX Enhanced, and Sony 360 Reality Audio.
- HDR Support: HDR10/10+, Dolby Vision, HLG, and Dynamic HDR pass-through
- HDMI 2.1: Includes HDMI-eARC and Gaming Support (4K/120Hz, 8K/60Hz, VRR (Variable Refresh Rate), ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode), and Quick Frame Transport (QFT).
- Hi-Res Audio: Support for 24-bit/192kHz audio playback. Digital audio format support includes MP3, WMA, WAV, MPEG-4/AAC, FLAC, and ALAC.
- HEOS: Multi-room wireless streaming
- Wireless Music Streaming: Amazon HD, Spotify Connect, Pandora, and more… Roon Tested.
- Wireless Connectivity: Bluetooth, AirPlay 2, Wi-Fi (Wired Ethernet is also included if needed).
- Voice Control: Alexa Built-in, Google Assistant
- Smartphone App Control: iOS, Android
- Audyssey Room Correction Built-in (one or more of the following options): MultEQ, MulitEQ XT32, Dynamic EQ, Dynamic Volume
- Dirac Live Room Correction: This option is also available for the Marantz CINEMA 40 and CINEMA 50. Mini DSP’s UMIK-1 or Umik-2 microphone is recommended for use with Dirac Live (The Audyssey Mic will not work with Dirac).
Tip: Audyssey Room Correction still remains an option even if Dirac Live is installed. You just can’t use both systems at the same time.
Marantz CINEMA 40 and 50 Differences Only
Tip: The Cinema 40 is the Marantz Flagship AVR, and the CINEMA 50 is the immediate step-down model.
|Marantz AVR Model||CINEMA 40||CINEMA 50|
|Power Output||125 wpc||110 wpc|
|THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) 2 Channels||0.05%||0.08%|
|HDMI Connections||7 In/3 out||6 in/3 out|
|Component Video||1 in/0 out||None|
|Composite Video||2 in/0 out||None|
|Analog to HDMI Conversion||Yes||No|
|Analog Zone Preamp Outputs||Zone 2/Zone 3||Zone 2|
|Remote Control||Multi-brand||Marantz only|
|Width||17.38 inches||17.38 inches|
|Height||7.44 inches||6.5 inches|
|Depth||17.19 inches||15.69 inches|
|Weight||33.19 lbs||29.8 lbs|
May 15, 2023 at 5:37 pm
Hello – With the analog to HDMI is a Faroudja Line Doubler used?
And for the record, Marantz makes perhaps the best looking AVRs, alas that a larger more easily read display has yet to be worked out. More’s the pity…I am not yet intredastd in Dirac but think it cheap to ax the buyer of a High-End AVR to pay extra.
I see the ROONacy is still available but why anyone would want fArtificial Insmelligence (“The Tell-Tale Fart” that is such fare!) choose a preset/service/input is beyond reason.
The morons pushing it are the personification of
“Those with out a sense of humor more often than not possess a sense of entitlement.” Disgusting creatures. And yes, I belittle that which I find full of it self and MQA and Roon are definitely full of crap.
At least Marantz and Denon are not farcing it upon us. For the time being I shall hold onto my AVR-X4300H & AVR-S960H. When I do upgrade it shall be to Marantz or Denon and our home filled with HEOS will still work together sans the ROONacy. 😉 🙂
Oh LAWDY! How shall I ever push a button myself! The agony! Thee Aaaa Go Ny!!
Faroudja? Wherefore art thou?
Edgar Allan ORT
May 15, 2023 at 5:39 pm
Dirac Live works superbly well. Well worth the time and money to use it.
May 15, 2023 at 11:32 pm
I do look forward to having it one day. Hopefully sooner rather than too late(r). 😉