Logitech is introducing the world’s first wireless charging system for gaming mice, which provides continuous play without interruption. The solution consists of a $100 wireless charging pad system (called POWERPLAY) combined with either of Logitech’s new flagship gaming mice, models G903 or G703.
LIGHTSPEED underpins both the POWERPLAY wireless charging system and G903 and G703 gaming mice, meaning these devices can pair directly with the POWERPLAY’s integrated LIGHTSPEED wireless receiver for optimal signal strength and the convenience of charging and data over a single USB cable. Featuring a one-millisecond report rate and end-to-end signal optimization, LIGHTSPEED delivers competition-level responsiveness at speeds faster than many competitive wired gaming mice. LIGHTSPEED has wireless signal strength up to 16x (12dB) higher than the competition and a unique Frequency Agility Mechanism that automatically avoids problematic interference, ensuring smooth and consistent performance.
POWERPLAY reinvents the possibilities of wireless charging. A departure from existing wireless charging standards, which require the charging device to sit idle in one specific area to charge, POWERPLAY was designed from the ground up to deliver uninterrupted charging over its mousing surface – even while the mouse is in play. The wireless charging system uses a groundbreaking application of electromagnetic resonance that creates an energy field above POWERPLAY’s 275 x 320mm surface to deliver wireless power without interfering with the precise tracking and data transmission of high-performance gaming mice.
The POWERPLAY energy field is captured and transformed into charging current by the POWERCORE module, which attaches magnetically to compatible wireless gaming mice, including the Logitech G903 and G703.
Features of the G903 and G703 include:
- Pixel-Precise Sensor: The Logitech G903 and G703 mice come equipped with the PMW3366 optical sensor, widely regarded by esports professionals and gaming enthusiasts as the best gaming mouse sensor on the market. Thanks to years of innovations, the PMW3366 has zero smoothing, filtering or acceleration across the entire DPI range (200-12,000 DPI). The resulting experience is incredible tracking accuracy and consistent responsiveness, even at speeds over 400 IPS.
- Advanced Mechanical Button Tensioning: Precisely-tensioned metal springs and exclusive mechanical pivot hinges on G903 keep the primary left and right mouse buttons poised to trigger. This technology delivers an exceptionally clean and crisp button feel, response, and consistency. Logitech G improved on the design and boosted button durability up to 2.5x with 50 million click switches.
- Supreme Comfort and Quality: Both mice deliver long-lasting comfort. The Logitech G903 features a configurable button layout and ambidextrous design that allows for left- or right-handed use and works with nearly any mouse grip style, including palm, claw and fingertip grips. The Logitech G703 features a lightweight, ergonomically designed body that was made to mold to your hand. Rubber grips on the left and right sides offer added control. You can use the mice directly out-of-the-box, or you can program the buttons with custom game commands using Logitech Gaming Software (LGS).
Price and Availability
- Logitech POWERPLAY Wireless Charging System – $99.99 (August 2017)
- Logitech G903 LIGHTSPEED wireless gaming mouse – $149.99 (June 2017)
- Logitech G703 LIGHTSPEED wireless gaming Mouse – $ 99.99 (June 2017)