Featured Packed Sound Bars for Surround Sound
For 2019 LG is releasing six new sound bars priced from $279 to $1,299. Each new LG sound bar is designed to seamlessly match the premium design of LG OLED and LG NanoCell TV’s. The 2019 “SL” series sound bars follow the “SK” soundbars from 2018. Five of the six 2019 LG sound bars will first become available the week of April 14th.
LG’s top three sound bars (models SL10YG, SL9YG and SL8YG) feature Dolby Atmos and High Res Audio that’s calibrated through a new collaboration with the audiophile brand Meridian Audio. LG claims their 2019 sound bars offer advanced digital signal processing and hardware design to create a sound field with greater height, width, and depth for truly immerse multi-directional sound. The lineup also offers the convenience of AI smart connectivity and voice recognition with the Google Assistant built-in so no extra device is needed.
The LG SL9YG ($999), a CES Best of Innovation Winner, supports both stand and wall mount orientation, so it fits perfectly with any interior design. When mounted on the wall, the SL9YG automatically senses the proper orientation and adapts to optimize the sound output. The SL9YG’s Slim Wall-Mountable Design, stand mode features 4.1.2ch Dolby Atmos with up-firing speakers, while in wall mount mode, it automatically adjusts to output 4.1.2 ch Dolby Atmos utilizing down-firing speakers.
Price and Availability
All 2019 LG Sound Bars will be available week of April 14, 2019, except the SL9YG which arrives May 27, 2019.
- SL5Y – $279 – 2.1 ch Sound Bar with DTS Virtual:X Sound
- SL6Y – $399 – 3.1 ch Sound Bar with DTS Virtual:X Sound
- SL7Y – $499 – 3.1 ch Sound Bar with DTS Virtual:X Sound
- SL8YG – $799 – 3.1.2 ch High Res Audio Sound Bar w/ Meridian Technology & Dolby Atmos
- SL9YG – $999 – 4.1.2 ch High Res Audio Sound Bar w/ Meridian Technology & Dolby Atmos
- SL10YG – $1,299 – 5.1.2 ch High Res Audio Sound Bar w/ Meridian Technology & Dolby Atmos
Or consider LG’s older, now discounted sound bars.