Klipsch today announced the new Forte IV floorstanding loudspeakers, now in their fourth generation at $4,500/pair. The original Forte loudspeaker debuted in 1985 and was in production until Forte II arrived 1996. Then came Forte III in 2017. Now in 2021 the new Klipsch Forte IV speakers feature updated cosmetics and the latest advancements in acoustic engineering, while maintaining the elegant design and powerful performance that have made them so popular.
- The speaker hosts a three-way design utilizing a 12” woofer and horn-loaded midrange and tweeter, with all new state of the art titanium compression drivers for a smooth and powerful response.
- All new K-702 midrange compression driver mated to a modified proprietary Tractrix® horn with patented Klipsch Mumps technology for even mid frequencies and consistent sound throughout the listening area.
- A newly designed wide dispersion high frequency phase plug to ensure the last octave matches the coverage pattern of the midrange and high frequency horns.
- The rear-mounted 15” passive radiator produces greater bass output and extension.
- The Forte IV has been completely revoiced from its predecessor, utilizing premium componentry in an all-new high-fidelity network for truer to life sound with best-in-class efficiency and power handling.
- Premium aluminum input panels accommodate large, high-quality speaker cables, while strong binding posts allow for bi-wiring or bi-amping.
- At just 13” deep, the Klipsch Forte IV solves space issues with its narrow, shallow footprint, while still delivering room-filling, quality sound.
Each pair of Forte IV loudspeakers is grain-matched using wood veneer panels that are harvested from the same timber. The speakers move seamlessly together through the factory and the finished product is inspected and labeled with sequential serial numbers, ensuring that each pair of speakers is a matched set.
Klipsch Forte IV loudspeaker is a member of the legendary Klipsch Heritage series and the loudspeaker cabinet is meticulously handcrafted in the USA. Klipsch is now celebrating the company’s 75th anniversary.
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE (+/- 3 dB)||38Hz – 20kHz|
|SENSITIVITY||99dB @ 2.83V / 1m|
|POWER HANDLING (CONT/PEAK)||100W / 400W|
|MAXIMUM SPL||116dB Continuous|
|NOMINAL IMPEDANCE||8 ohms Compatible|
|CROSSOVER FREQUENCY||HF: 5.2kHz MF: 650Hz|
|HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVER||K-100-TI 1” (2.54cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver on a K-79T horn|
|MIDRANGE||K-702 1.75” (4.45cm) Polyimide Compression Driver mated to a K-703-M horn|
|LOW FREQUENCY DRIVER||K-281 12” (30.48cm) Fiber-composite cone woofer, KD-15 15” (38.1cm) Passive cone radiator|
|ENCLOSURE MATERIAL||3/4” MDF|
|INPUTS||Dual binding posts / bi-wire / bi-amp|
|WEIGHT||72 lbs (32.7kg)|
Price & Availability
The Forte IV (MSRP $4,500 pr.) is available now through an exclusive network of Certified Klipsch Heritage Dealers in four standard finish options – American Walnut, Natural Cherry, Black Ash, and Distressed Oak. Each pair comes with a 10 year warranty.
To learn more about the Klipsch Forte IV speakers, visit Klipsch.com.