8th Generation Q-Series Uses Technology Developed for the Concept Blade Loudspeaker
KEF announced its eighth generation Q Series loudspeakers. The all new range offers a quantum leap in performance due to the clean sheet design which incorporates technology originally developed for the Concept Blade loudspeaker.
At the heart of the all new model KEF Q Series is the very latest Uni-Q® driver array, directly derived from the acclaimed KEF Concept Blade project. This embraces a new, larger, high performance vented tweeter mounted at the acoustic centre of a new resonance damped, metal cone LF/MF Driver and gives the new range the sonic capability of much more expensive speakers.
Like the Uni-Q array, the new Q Series advanced bass driver is a tour de force in its own right. A die-cast aluminium chassis rigidly locates the high efficiency vented magnet assembly to prevent unwanted resonance, and the large (50mm) voice coil ensures impressive power handling and output levels.
The first two speakers to be released from the extensive all new range are two stand-mounts, the Q100 and Q300.
- Q100: 2 way stand mount, 5.25″ Uni-Q driver array including 1″ HF unit. Z flex surround for good bass with smooth MF/HF performance. Equally at home as quality 'mini monitor' for stereo music or as rear-effects speakers in a home cinema system. SRP £380.00 pair
- Q300: 2 way stand mount, 6.5″ Uni-Q driver array including 1″ HF unit. Z flex surround for good bass with smooth MF/HF performance. Excellent music speaker, front speaker in smaller home cinema systems or rear speaker in larger ones. SRP £450.00 pair
Finishes: English Cherry, Black Oak, European Walnut
All new Uni-Q driver array
- Damped metal cone MF unit with large voice coil and Z flex surround for high output with clean midrange (high first breakup frequency and even this is damped out)
- Vented 1″ metal dome HF unit for low distortion, more accurate midrange (operates down to much lower frequencies than before) and extremely smooth treble
- All new LF units with 50mm voice coils for vastly improved power handling, output level and dynamics
- 30% more enclosure volume from new rectilinear cabinets (matching the latest furniture trends) for deeper bass with greater output
Attention to Detail
- First order minimalist crossovers with high end components for transparent and lucid sound
- Patent applied for bi-wire system with no links or wires to lose, simply twist a knob clockwise to link and anti-clockwise to separate
- Eco friendly cabinets, crossovers and packaging