MIAMI, FLORIDA, NOVEMBER 16, 2005 – Niles Audio Corporation, The First Name In Custom Installation, today announced that its revolutionary IntelliControl ICS (Integrated Control Solutions) whole-house audio distribution system has been selected by the Consumer Electronics Association as an Innovations 2006 Design and Engineering Showcase Honoree. The award was given based on the product’s superior standing within the Integrated Home Systems category. The IntelliControl ICS is the first modular multizone system that accommodates up to 30 zones, and delivers audio from up to six sources. The product holds a uniqueadvantage in its ability to accommodate all of the popular sources, including AM/FM, legacy audio sources, iPod, and both XM and Sirius satellite radio.
‘Our primary goal was to offer esigners/installers a flexible solution for integrating iPod, XM and Sirius satellite radio into their whole-house audio distribution systems,’ said Frank Sterns, Niles chief operating officer. ‘IntelliControl ICS products enable custom installers to tailor their distributed audio system installations to their customers’ needs without the added hassle and expense of complicated programming. ICS provides designer/installers a flexible solution to whole-house audio,’ Sterns added.
The IntelliControl ICS lineup consists of the GXR2 six source, six zone modular multizone receiver that accommodates any combination of up to six iPod interface modules, XM satellite tuner modules, Sirius satellite tuner modules, AM/FM tuner modules, or audio input modules that integrate legacy sources like CD, DVD, and satellite TV into the system. Additionally, there are four user interfaces that include wall mountable keypads, a color touch screen, and a hand-held RF remote controller dubbed the iREMOTE. The user interfaces provide real-time user feedback in the form of meta-data menus for intuitive source navigation and operation. Multiple GXR2 receivers can be linked together to create a distributed audio system that covers up to 30 zones. IntelliControl ICS products will be sold exclusively through Niles factory authorized dealers and will be available in the first quarter of 2006.
GXR2 Modular Multi-zone Receiver Details:
– The GXR2 is a modular multi-zone receiver that has six source module input bays and delivers a robust 60 watts RMS/channel into six stereo zones. It has a MSRP of $2,799.95.
– The GXR2 can be mounted in a 19′ rack panel with the RMK-3U rack mount kit. The RMK-3u has a MSRP of $49.95.
Source Module Details:User Interface Details:
– The iREMOTE is a hand held RF remote controller
that displays source meta-data and allows total system operation from remote locations. The MSRP of the iREMOTE is $799.95.
– The CONTACT is a color touch screen that displays source meta-data and allows total system operation from a wall-mounted location. The MSRP of the CONTACT is $749.95.
– The DISPLAY is a keypad that displays source meta-data and allows total system operation from a wall-mounted location. The MSRP of the DISPLAY is
– The SINGLE is a keypad that allows basic system ooperation from a wall-mounted location. The MSRP of the SINGLE is $199.95.
– Niles’ IntelliControl ICS (Integrated Control Solutions) whole-house audio distribution system was selected by the Consumer Electronics Association as an Innovations
2006 Showcase Award Winner.
– The award was bestowed for the product’s superior standing in the Integrated Home Systems category. Niles IntelliControl ICS system accommodates all of today’s popular sources including iPod and satellite radio.
– Niles IntelliControl ICS system provides all of the source meta-data for intuitive system navigation and operation.
– Niles IntelliControl ICS differs from competitive brands in that it requires no complicated programming. The nature of the networked source modules and user interfaces enables the system to self-configure with minimal input to the system configuration wizard.
– Niles expects to ship IntelliControl ICS product to the field in the first quarter of 2006.
– Niles new IntelliControl ICS products will be sold exclusively through a network of Niles authorized factory direct dealers.
Niles Audio Corporation, based in Miami, Florida, is a 27-year-old company that is recognized as the first name in custom installation. As a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of audio/video custom installation products, Niles Audio has ridden the wave of success on the strength of seven valuable principles including a commitment to a reliable, high-performance, application-specific, product design philosophy, a complete and up-to-date product assortment with just in time delivery, extensive training and technical support with exemplary customer service and strong dealer relationships. Niles is a model brand based on strength, reliability and outstanding performance with a wide range of award-winning, innovative products.
Additional information may be obtained by contacting Mike Detmer at Niles Audio Corporation, 12331 SW 130th Street, Miami, FL 33186 (Tel: 800-BUY-HIFI ext 197) or by visiting: http://www.nilesaudio.com/
# # #
Niles, The First Name In Custom Installation, and Blending High Fidelity And Architecture are registered trademarks of Niles Audio Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.