Using the same technology integrated into the new HP ENVY notebooks, HP Wireless Audio transforms a notebook or desktop PC into a full home audio system. Users can stream uncompressed audio to up to four external devices or directly to any KleerNet device. Advanced tri-band connectivity reduces interference, lag time and latency for the highest sound quality. The thumb-sized dongle attaches to any PC and the tiny receiver attaches to legacy speakers through its two analog or two digital ports — even supporting 5.1 speaker systems.
HP Wireless Audio connects in few simple steps. HP claims their state-of-the-art software is so intuitive, it automatically ‘sees’ your speakers and links them together. Pair it and forget it. Never connect them again for streaming audio up to 100ft (30m) in any direction.
Coax RCA-style S/PDIF, R/L analog RCA jacks, 3.5mm mini, TOSLINK line-out
Features and Benefits
- Small transmitter plugs into your PC USB port.
- Compact receiver tucks away anywhere. Its small size equals a bar of soap.
- Intuitive software takes the guess work out of managing your system.
- Superb, uncompressed audio quality with 5.1 audio support.
- Easy. Intuitive. Exclusive. State-of-the-art software automatically ‘sees’ & links your speakers in a few simple steps.
- Pair it and forget it. Speakers & headphones automatically connect each time.
- Streams same audio to 4 different zones.
- Transmitter blasts audio up to an impressive 100ft (30m) in any direction.
- No interference with other devices. Tri-band frequency — 2.4, 5.2, 5.8GHZ — delivers the best possible wireless performance.
- 2x the connectors — the first system on that market that features 4 connectors: 2 analog, 2 digital.
- No lag time. Zero latency.
Pricing and Availability
HP Wireless Audio (QF299AA) is expected to be available mid-December for $99.99.
The Competition: Apple Airport Express