24-Inch and 44-Inch Printers Offer the Ultimate Combination of Performance and Value
Epson America today announced the Epson Stylus® Pro 7890 (24-inch) and 9890 (44-inch) for photographers and proofing professionals, offering Epson's latest technology achievements in the sub-$3,000 and $5,000 price categories. These new printers combine eight-color Epson UltraChrome K3® Vivid Magenta ink technology with auto-sharing Matte and Photo Black inks, and Epson's MicroPiezo® TFP® print head to produce high quality prints at speeds about twice as fast as their renowned predecessors — the Epson Stylus Pro 7880 and 9880.
The Epson Stylus Pro 7890 and 9890 offer the same leading technology found in the Epson Stylus Pro 900-series, including ePlaten automatic media loading, spindle-free roll media loading, a roll media tracking system, front control panel with 2.5-inch color LCD, rotary cutter, fabric catch bin, and robust printer stand. The printers also feature Epson's latest ink-repelling coating and auto nozzle verification technologies to virtually eliminate clogged nozzles, and use nine individual high-capacity ink cartridges up to 700 ml. In addition, these new models are capable of handling virtually any media type, in roll or cut-sheet. Both models are available with an optional SpectroProofer® spectrophotometer.
More about the Epson Stylus Pro 890-Series
The Epson Stylus Pro 7890 and 9890 provide advanced features, including:
- Epson MicroPiezo TFP Print Head: High precision eight-channel print head with auto sharing black ink channel produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters to greatly decrease print times while optimizing photographic quality; latest ink repelling coating dramatically reduces nozzle clogging
- AccuPhoto HD Screening: Advanced screening algorithm produces extremely fine blends and photographic transitions with accurate highlight-to-shadow details and ensures consistent color balance, resulting in prints with superior color and clarity and incredibly sharp text and line art
- Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink: High density eight-color pigments with unique formulation of Magenta provides extremely vibrant blues and purples for an expanded color gamut; three-level black ink technology significantly improves gray balance while eliminating color casts and provides outstanding highlight-to-shadow grayscale accuracy for smoother tonal range
- PreciseColor Manufacturing: Evaluates and adjusts each printer's performance at the manufacturing stage, ensuring consistent color output from printer to printer and print to print, eliminating the need for internal calibration devices
- ePlaten Media-Loading: Simplifies the roll and cut-sheet media loading process with automatic media loading, movement, skew adjustment, and tracking, including electronically controlled roll back tension and automatic roll media rewind upon release
- SpectroProofer: Developed in partnership with X-Rite, the optional SpectroProofer is a high-performance, in-line spectrophotometer that, when driven by the latest front-end RIPs, can automate virtually any color management process in commercial or flexographic proofing workflows
Pricing and Availability