World’s Smallest Fully Functional Commercial Desktop PC With Integrated Power Supply and Intel vPro Technology
Dell announced today that it has updated its commercial line of OptiPlex desktops with new small form factor PCs that provide business and organizations of all sizes a robust, energy efficient platform for flexible, secure and reliable desktop computing.
The new desktop systems demonstrate Dell’s commitment to customer-inspired design and solutions that scale for future growth with long-life-cycle support options and the ability to support alternative computing environments such as Dell’s Flex Computing Solutions — Virtual Remote Desktop and On-Demand Desktop Streaming environments.
Dell’s new OptiPlex 780 Ultra Small Form Factor (USFF) is the world’s smallest fully functional commercial desktop with integrated power supply and Intel vPro technology. This mainstream desktop PC is ideal for space constrained environments providing durable, ‘mount anywhere’ options and a simplifying all-in-one stand. Other product highlights include:
- Scalability of processing power, graphics and hard drives with the latest generation of Intel Core2 Duo technology;
- Support for Microsoft Windows 7, Vista and XP; along with Ubuntu Linux support in select countries;
- Image stability and long-lifecycle (15-month) support as part of Dell’s Global Standard Platform program, help minimize maintenance changes that slow productivity;
- Advanced systems management options including Intel vPro technology;
- Security and data protection options such as full disk encryption and built-in Trusted Platform module (TPM) help organizations protect their assets, safeguard data and meet compliance regulations; and,
- Environmentally friendly with up to 90 percent efficient power supplies, Energy Star 5.0, EPEAT Gold compliance.
The Dell OptiPlex 780 USFF is available for order today at prices starting from $629 USD.