Canon announced the 12.1-megapixel PowerShot ELPH 510 HS digital camera, claiming to be the thinnest digital camera with 12x optical zoom and a 28mm wide-angle lens. The ELPH 510 HS Digital camera also includes HS SYSTEM, 1080p Full HD video recording, High-Speed Burst mode, Intelligent IS and Smart AUTO. The camera has a 3.2-inch wide, touch-panel LCD screen, offering fast and easy menu navigation. The ELPH 510 HS Digital camera also has Touch Shutter, simply touch the screen where you want to focus and release your finger to take a photo.
In Europe this model is also known as the IXUS 1100 HS.
- World's thinnest camera with 28mm Wide-Angle lens, 12x Optical Zoom, and Optical Image Stabilizer.
- 12.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor combined with Canon's DIGIC 4 Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM for outstanding low-light performance up to ISO 3200.
- Capture stunning Full HD 1080p video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button; zoom while shooting and play back videos on an HDTV via the HDMI output.
- A 3.2-inch wide touch panel LCD offers easy and intuitive operation, and Touch Shutter makes shooting easy and interactive.
- High-Speed Burst Mode allows continuous shooting and Super Slow Motion Movie records video at high speeds to allow playback in slow motion.
- Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to optimize image stabilization for the shooting condition.
- Improved Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based on 32 predefined shooting situations.
- Movie Digest records a short video clip right before shooting a photo and then combines one day's worth of clips into one video.
Price and Availability
The Canon ELPH 510 HS Digital camera is scheduled to be available in red, black, and silver at the beginning of October 2011 for $349.99.