Bowers & Wilkins today introduced the new 16-channel CDA-16 distribution power amplifier that can power up to eight individual rooms with high-quality stereo sound. The rack mountable amp has been engineered to work with any existing Bowers & Wilkins custom installation speaker, although can be used with any loudspeakers. It can drive 16 channels or 8 stereo zones, or can be bridged to create even more powerful mono outputs, if required.
The CDA-16 Class D amplifier offers 50-watts of power to each of its 16 channels into 8 ohm loads, rising to 100-watts with 4 ohm speakers. In a bridged configuration, output rises to 200-watts per channel into 8 ohms. On the back there are eight pairs of RCA phono inputs for line-level analogue connection with the option of using one set of inputs as a ‘global’ connection that shares the same signal across all outputs.
Suitable for rack-mounting, the ultra-compact 1U designed CDA-16 uses cool-running Class D amplification to ensure maximum power output coupled to impressive energy efficiency. At just 44.5mm high, it’s easily accommodated in both hi-fi and installation rack systems.
- 16 x 100-watts into 4 ohms giving eight stereo zones, or 8 x 200-watts in 8 ohms in bridged mode.
- Eight RCA analog inputs for stereo sources per zone, plus the option of a global source for all zones.
- Three power mode options for control – on, auto-source detect and 12v trigger.
- Robust, reliable protection features to prevent damage due to overload, short-circuit or heat.
- Ultra-compact 1U rack-mount design for easy installation and configuration.
Price & Availability
- Available today, April 1, 2021.
- MSRP $1,999.99 USD
For more information visit bowerswilkins.com.