AudioControl today announced the audiophile-grade Concert AVR-6 and Concert AVR-8 Ultra HD 4K home theater receivers, which offer 7 x 100 or 7 x 200 watts per channel (8 ohms) theater amplifiers, respectively. Otherwise, the internals and outputs are exactly the same. Each has the ability to be configured as a full 7.1 system, or as a 5.1 system with the 2 remaining channels serving a second zone.
Both A/V receivers are compatible with AudioControl’s iPad App, which provides control for on-screen set-up and customization, input selection, volume control and many more audiovisual configuration options.
AudioControl CEO Alex Camara commented, “Our new Concert receivers deliver an incredible audiophile experience, combined with the latest in 4K Ultra HD video processing, that results in the ultimate viewing and listening experience for movie lovers, not prepared to compromise on their passion for the highest quality entertainment experience”.
Price and Availability (Update – Available as of February, 20 2014)
The AudioControl Concert AVR-8 has a suggested client selling price of $6,000.
The AudioControl Concert AVR-6 has a suggested client selling price of $3,950.
The features of the Concert AVR-6 and AVR-8 Receiver have been designed to deliver a breathtaking experience. Amongst the many features and capabilities of these new receivers are the following:
- 7.1 Home Theater 4K Ultra HD and 3D advanced surround sound receiver
- Specialist high-performance receiver for the Custom Install market
- 7 HDMI inputs; COAX SPDIF x 4; Toslink x 2; RCA Phono x 6; USB Input, Ethernet Client
- Ability to be configured as a full 7.1 system, or as a 5.1 system with the 2 remaining channels serving a second zone
- Dual HDMI outputs (ARC compatible), Component x 3, Composite x 4
- ARC (Audio Return Channel) compatible
- Zone 2 audio output
- Proprietary auto room set-up and room correction with equalization
- HDMI Ultra HD 4K and 3D video pass-through and up-scaling capability
- Surround modes include Dolby True HD; Dolby Digital Plus; Dolby Digital EX; Dolby Digital 5.1 Dolby Pro Logic IIx; DTS-HD Master Audio; DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete; DTS-ES 6.1 Matrix; DTS 5.1
- Ability to scale to any resolution standard or high definition sources where required
- Powerful, Dynamic, Audiophile 200 Watts Per Channel Amplification, All Channels Driven into 4 Ohms (Concert AVR-8).
- Powerful, Dynamic, Audiophile 100 Watts Per Channel Amplification, All Channels Driven into 8 Ohms (Concert AVR-6).
- Seven channels of ‘cool running’ Class H amplification reducing the need for rack fans
- Compatibility and integration with leading control systems including Crestron, Control 4, Savant and RTI
- Custom Install control ready with Ethernet, RS232, 12 volt trigger and IR control options
- AudioControl iOS Control App available free on the iTunes Store (& streaming control Apps)
- Internet radio and music streaming services including fully integrated FM/DAB/DAB+ in appropriate markets
- USB supports memory devices and digital audio from iPod, iPad and iPhone devices
- AudioControl’s unique and discrete styling for both rack and non-rack mount needs
- Programmable Remote control provided
- Made in the USA and a bulletproof 5-year warranty program.