Cambridge Audio has announced a significant firmware update for its popular Melomania Touch true wireless in-ear headphones, providing superior connectivity, improved in-app EQ presets, and more refined functionality of Touch controls – enhancing the listener experience more than ever before.
One of the key design features that separates excellent true wireless IEMs from the rest of the pack is the quality of the control app. There are so many features packed into these tiny IEMs that there is no way to program it all into the headset itself. You would go crazy remembering all of the taps and sequences; something that would only serve to frustrate you and hate the product in the long-run.
Cambridge Audio did a great job with the Melomania from a sound perspective and they’ve wisely focused on updating the app with the right set of control features. There are no shortage of competitors in this category and why lose customers with a bad app experience.
Existing Touch users are also invited to update their Melomania app to the latest version and download the latest firmware to benefit from these enhancements.
Cambridge Audio CEO, James Johnson-Flint explained that “Cambridge Audio’s engineering team is committed to the constant innovation and evolution of the Melomania series of products by listening closely to customer feedback, and this latest update reflects that.”
Melomania Touch Firmware Update V2.1.9 and iOS/Android app improvements include:
- Lower background noise during voice calls and also when Transparency is enabled.
- Improved volume control with TWS+ enabled phones
- Volume is now fully muted when the volume is set to minimum
- A new Neutral EQ preset
- EQ preset previously named Balanced has been renamed Immersive, the EQ remains unchanged and is the default after a firmware update
- Improved operation of auto power on/off and the associated LED indication
For more information: Melomania Touch
Where to buy: $119 at Amazon