Yamaha just released their flagship CD-S3000 CD/SACD player costing $7,000. It features the exceptionally high performing 32-bit ESS SABRE32 REFERENCE DAC that provides unprecedented dynamic and expressive sound from all disc-based media. The CD-S3000 player accomplishes superior vibration control and ultra-precise signal reading via an optimized high-precision rigid CD mechanism.
The CD-S3000 was created with meticulous care to ensure rigidity with superior vibration control properties and ultra-precise reading—to draw out all the music recorded to the disc. Yamaha incorporated a newly designed drive mechanism with added heavy anchors in front of and behind the loader mechanism to achieve the highest rigidity and block vibrations from inside and out.
Each CD-S3000 unit is assembled by first attaching the drive mechanism to the chassis, then carefully performing minute horizontal adjustments. While this process is time-consuming and labor-intensive, it demonstrates Yamaha’s genuine desire to realize the ultimate in precise signal reading. These efforts eliminate any minute tilting of the mechanism, achieving stable rotation and ultra-precise signal reading. Reducing the load of the servo which drives the pickup, in order to minimize the impact of servo current changes to the signal, provides a clean signal output that is virtually unaffected by noise. In addition, the loader mechanism has a structure in which a highly rigid chassis designed for integration with the loader mechanism supports the entire CD drive. Moreover, Yamaha applied only the strictest selection of parts for the pickup, which aims a beam of light at the disc as it rotates at high speed to read the signals, and a drive mechanism which stably rotates the disc. This is how audio data on the disc is read with high precision to achieve the highest purity in reproduction.
- Optimized high-precision rigid CD mechanism with heavy anchors improves vibration control and achieves precise signal reading
- High rigidity aluminum CD tray
- High rigidity main chassis improves anti-vibration properties and left-right symmetrical construction
- Independent configuration of digital and analog circuits
- Digital / analog boards with integrated power supply circuits
- Single-stage configuration I / V conversion circuit enables direct analog output
- Exceptionally high performance 32-bit D/A converter
- Built-in USB DAC functions
- ASIO 2.3 Yamaha Steinberg USB driver
- Pure Direct mode further enhances the quality of analog sound
Pricing and Availability
The Yamaha A-S3000 and CD-S3000 will be available exclusively at authorized Yamaha dealers in September 2013 for $6,999.95.
|Disc Compatibility||SA-CD, CD, CD-R/RW (MP3, WMA) and USB devices|
|Output Level||2 +/- 0.3 V (1 kHz, 0 dB)|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||116 dB|
|Dynamic Range||[CD] 100 dB, [Super Audio CD] 110 dB|
|Harmonic Distortion||[CD] 0.002% (1 kHz), [Super Audio CD] 0.002% (1 kHz)|
|Frequency Response||[CD] 2 Hz-20 kHz, [Super Audio CD] 2 Hz-50 kHz (-3 dB)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||435 x 142 x 440 mm; 17-1/8” x 5-5/8” x 17-5/16”|
|Weight||19.2 kg; 42.3 lbs.|