Epson just announced an ultra-short throw projector that can display a 10-foot wide image from 18 inches away. The $3000 Home Cinema LS100 Full HD 3LCD projector uses laser technology to achieve 4,000 lumens of equal color and white brightness, and an extraordinary contrast ratio up to 2,500,000:1 for deep blacks. Additionally, with Instant Off performance, there’s almost no lag time for warm-up or cool down with the projector reaching maximum brightness or turning off within 5 seconds.
The advantage of up-close placement means nobody can walk in front of the projector to block the view and its more convenient and easier to install. Less wiring is required as opposed to a typical projector installed across a room. Epson says it’s bright enough to be used with or without a screen. A high-speed contrast control ensures both bright and dark scenes look their best.
Epson’s innovative laser technology claims up to 10+ years of worry-free operation.
- Laser light source boasts 4,000 lumens of equal color and white brightness, so the projector can be used in any room in the house, even during daylight hours
- Placement: Can be placed as close as 18 inches from a wall to blend into a range of living spaces
- Contrast Ratio: Up to 2,500,000:1 for deep blacks
- Full HD 1080p (1920×1080) resolution
- Built-in speaker to ensure a no hassle home entertainment experience
- Laser Light Source – Lamp-free design ensures high-speed contrast control and wide color gamut
- Versatile Connectivity – Three (3) HDMI ports for all your devices, including cable/satellite boxes, gaming consoles, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV
- 3LCD Technology – Improved pixel density, increased aperture ratio and fast performance for incredibly smooth, film-like picture quality with no rainbow effect
- Instant Off – The projector reaches maximum brightness and turns off almost immediately
- Two-year limited warranty, two-business-day replacement with free shipping
Price and Availability
The Epson Home Cinema LS100 will be available for $2,999 at Amazon, CEDIA and Magnolia and is expected to ship Fall 2017.
Where to Buy