Denon today announced the $199 HEOS 1 wireless indoor or outdoor speakers, along with the $99 HEOS 1 Go Pack that adds extra connectivity and ruggedness for outdoor use. Denon’s HEOS system brings audio to any—or all—rooms in the home or outside by easily connecting to an existing Wi-Fi network via the HEOS app, available for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire.
The HEOS 1 is Denon’s smallest and most affordable wireless speaker in the HEOS series. Designed with audiophile grade synchronization, users will find great stereo imaging and no echo here. Add to that superior acoustic design and state-of-the-art audio DSP optimization. HEOS 1 is embedded with MaxxAudio by Waves, the world’s leading developer of audio technologies for the professional, live and consumer electronics markets. MaxxAudio is a suite of state-of-the-art sound technologies customized to provide top-of-the-line sound quality for an optimized listening experience. With the easy to use free HEOS app, setup means great sound within minutes for indoors or outdoors. It is the perfect speaker for a smaller room or any smaller space in a home. And with the Go Pack, HEOS 1 expands into a speaker that takes multi-room listening outdoors.
The HEOS 1 Go Pack is a $99 accessory pack consisting of a rechargeable battery, a Splashguard, and a Bluetooth-USB adapter. The HEOS 1 can provide up to 6 hours of music and entertainment, with the Go Pack’s rechargeable battery. The HEOS 1 speaker itself is humidity resistant, yet with the addition of the Splashguard it becomes IPX4 splashproof for added protection at outdoor events that may occur in the rain or poolside. And for those who enjoy Bluetooth capability, the Go Pack’s Bluetooth-USB adapter allows the user to stream Bluetooth audio directly to one HEOS 1 speaker – anywhere, anytime. In addition, when Wi-Fi is available, the Bluetooth audio can be shared with other HEOS devices.
The HEOS system delivers users’ favorite music from the world’s leading music services like Spotify, SiriusXM, Pandora, Rhapsody, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, as well as smart devices, PCs, Macs or NAS drives on any home network. It instantly gives users multi-room audio control at their fingertips. Command music in every room from any device, by grouping several rooms together to play the same song- or play a different song in every room for a true wireless multi-room audio experience.
HEOS 1 Key Features
- Best-in-Class Sound
- Humidity Resistant
- Play any source from any smart device via the HEOS app: streaming cloud music services, directly from phone and tablet,
- USB, network storage, aux in
- Dual-band Wi-Fi
- USB input directly to speaker
- Bi-Amped 2-way system with custom active EQ and crossover
- Custom woofer and high dispersion tweeter powered by a 2-channel Class D amplifier
- Easy setup
- Intuitive industrial design for portability
- Audiophile grade synchronization
- Great stereo imaging – use 2 HEOS 1 speakers as a stereo pair
- MaxxAudio by Waves technology
- Easy-to-use app with three tabs- one-touch access to most-used features
- Optional HEOS 1 Go Pack available
- Available in black and white
HEOS 1 GO PACK – Key Features
- Optional accessory pack for use with HEOS 1 wireless speaker
- Bluetooth – play any audio from your phone or tablet when Wi-Fi is not available
- Rechargeable battery – 6 hours of playback from the custom battery fitting perfectly to the base of HEOS 1
- Splashguard upgrades HEOS 1 from steam-resistant to full IPX4 protection
- 4 LED battery indicator
- Available in black and white
Price and Availability
The HEOS 1 ($199) and HEOS 1 Go Pack ($99) are expected to be available June 2015.
The Denon HEOS series includes three other wireless multi-zone music players: HEOS 3 ($299), HEOS 5 ($399), and HEOS 7 ($599). The HEOS Amp ($499) and HEOS Link ($349) allow you to integrate legacy systems into the HEOS eco-system. Also part of the series is a Wi-Fi range extender HEOS Extend ($99).